BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where Do You Sit?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sat in all parts of the ground over the years save Darwin End upper, though these days it's pretty much always one of two places - unless I get given a ticket. It all depends who I go with. To be honest as long as it's not right at the front at one of the ends, i've found the views to be pretty good from most other seats.

If it's with mates it's Blackburn End lower tier towards the back. If it's with my Dad (who posts on here as Montfort) it's Jack Walker Upper towards the Darwin End. Have to say that whilst the Jack Walker is a lot quieter the view is fantastic, and there have been a fair few occassions when the atmosphere's been cracking up there. Fulham 1st season in Prem at the end of the season for one, hammering the dingles in the cup for another. Beating Chelsea to get into europe and when we beat Sheff Weds in the league cup semi also spring to mind. Biggest prob with Jack Walker stand imo is infiltrating opposing fans though rovers seemed to have toughened up on this.

Nobs who repeatedly berate the team

I sit with an old knob who berates the team; only when the opposition score, of course. (He's my mate)

He cannot give credit where it is due. He has to blame a Rovers player even if that man had lost the ball in midfield two minutes before the goal.

There was one exeption when Le Tissier scored that peach beating Flowers from 45 yards.

My mate never said a word.

I was castigating Flowers until a chap in front turned and said "Watch it on TV tonight".

TV proved me wrong.

the drummer has won :(

finally moved to the upper tier of the Sir Jack Walker Stand. It was a real wrench to leave my seat in the Lower Blackburn End but there are a number of reasons as well as the drummeer(s).

Nobs who repeatedly moan about the beer

Nobs who repeatedly moan about the weird and wonderful smells coming from Jordans area !

Nobs who are the drummer(s)

Nob of a lad who repeatedly manages to purchase the seat next to where we sat and then comes in half cut, cant stand, cant sing in fact the only thing he does is wind everyone up includign the kids

Nob of a match leader in the steward department

the three Nobs from Intack who sit in front of us who between them have less than 5 years service who claim to have seen every football match since time began.

So there you have it, my mates and I have flitted upstairs to sit with the Gentry. I just hope there are not too many Nobs sitting around us up there :huh:

nowt wrong with JW Upper except no bitter, only larger at the bar due to "poor sales" !

and behave yourself now you've moved up

nowt wrong with JW Upper except no bitter, only larger at the bar due to "poor sales" !

and behave yourself now you've moved up

why are they not doing any season tickets in the darwen end this season

why are they not doing any season tickets in the darwen end this season

I beleive it is with an eye on introducing non reserved seating, or in other words almost a cash turnstile. It is one of the ways in which the club and also myself beleive could bring back lapsed supporters to Ewood.

I beleive it is with an eye on introducing non reserved seating, or in other words almost a cash turnstile. It is one of the ways in which the club and also myself beleive could bring back lapsed supporters to Ewood.

Last season I had the opportunity to sit in the Clayton/Douglas Lounge once or twice complete with Northcote Manor grub and unlimited suppies of ale not to mention free gifts for the kids - now that's the way to watch a match until you realise it is very sterile and you miss the crack of being on the BBE.

You also realise how much brass there is in footie nowadays - the director's box for the Liverpool match was oozing with wealth (you could tell by their shoes).

E02 riverside 10 rows up. a good place to give linesmen stick when they get offsides wrong against us and laugh at them when it goes in our favour.The downside are the facilities are the worst on the ground. often change for cup matches, as close to the home dugout as possible last season.

the drummer has won :(

finally moved to the upper tier of the Sir Jack Walker Stand. It was a real wrench to leave my seat in the Lower Blackburn End but there are a number of reasons as well as the drummeer(s).

Nobs who repeatedly moan about the beer

Nobs who repeatedly moan about the weird and wonderful smells coming from Jordans area !

Nobs who are the drummer(s)

Nob of a lad who repeatedly manages to purchase the seat next to where we sat and then comes in half cut, cant stand, cant sing in fact the only thing he does is wind everyone up includign the kids

Nob of a match leader in the steward department

the three Nobs from Intack who sit in front of us who between them have less than 5 years service who claim to have seen every football match since time began.

So there you have it, my mates and I have flitted upstairs to sit with the Gentry. I just hope there are not too many Nobs sitting around us up there :huh:

Welcome to JW Upper Tier..the atmosphere has been cracking the last season especially v Chelsea...I'm in the centre 10 rows up right by the exit, first for beer and the bogs!

*waves back*

I used to shout something other than instructions to our last manager!!! (now I just admire the suits, coats and gameplan)

Will look out for you at the New Zealand match (or do we actually have to pay for those tickets- if so must get organised) If not will look out for you at the first home game of the season (Am on holiday at the moment so am not applying what's left of my mind to when that is)

Edited by Jan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.