SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 MINS: Two changes for Rovers, Gray is replaced by McEveley,

56 MINS: Rovers are caught down the left, Sam crosses for Berisha to score with a simple header. Hamburg 1 Rovers 1

The guy makes to many mistakes for my liking.Souness rushed into giving him a big contract and he`s been living off his one tackle he made on Becks.

Well, left back spot has been our achilles heel for quite some time. Treacy and Peter on the wings now, and Kuqi up front alongside Jeffers. Bound for goals this :)

Talk about "bound for goals", Matteo has just taken Todd's place in the heart of the defence.

56 MINS: Rovers are caught down the left, Sam crosses for Berisha to score with a simple header. Hamburg 1 Rovers 1

The guy makes to many mistakes for my liking.Souness rushed into giving him a big contract and he`s been living off his one tackle he made on Becks.

I'm sure Andy Taylor's a bit disappointed that he didn't come on.

However, it's clear that Hughes wants to see Gally, Douglas and McEveley closely in pre-season before deciding whether to loan them out.

Well, left back spot has been our achilles heel for quite some time. Treacy and Peter on the wings now, and Kuqi up front alongside Jeffers. Bound for goals this :)

Talk about "bound for goals", Matteo has just taken Todd's place in the heart of the defence.

and gives away a free kick almost immediately <_< .

Heigh Ho. 1-1 isn't bad as frosty says.

Pretty encouraging- it was Hamburg's 5th pre-season game and they had all their World Cup players back plus new signing Kompany.

Matteo conceded a free kick within a minute of coming on and Hamburg struck the post from the resulting corner. Obviously we are without Neill and Nelsen at the moment but defense will need deepening and strengthening.

Jon Douglas seemed to do well after he came on. Rover6 will be delighted to note.

I wasnt impressed with Agathe...seems ok for midfield but he keeps getting caught in defence. He makes an attack, hamburg go on the break and Agathe takes 40 seconds to get back...that happened 3 times!!!

Gallagher didnt impress upfront with Roberts...hes got 2 games before hes loaned out in my opinion..couldnt get a touch.

Why did Savage play on the right!? He was rubbish. Jeffers touched the ball twice but looked ok off the ball. Bentley did a couple of things well but mainly quiet.

Positives...

Pedersen...excellent goal, did ok..got elbowed in the face twice.

Gray did well...roberts looked very good. Reid looked good for his first game back. Todd and zurab looked very good and Friedel made some good saves.

Subs wise...i was impressed with Douglas. Treacy touched the ball once and ballooned it out of the stadium. Mcevely messed up after about 17 seconds and Hamburg scored. Kuqi looked quite aggressive but didnt get much service with Treacy doin nothing on the left. Peter looked ok but was out of position on the right.

All in all not a bad workout against a good team. Hamburg have some very good players...kompany for one...very good.

Overall, I just dont rate Agathe. He had a good spell as a wing back under O Neil at Celtic and in flashes in a game you think he is a really good player. However, he is very inconsistent and the lack of accuracy on his crosses can be very frustrating.

It seems like Hughes is after a wide player who can beat a man, has pace and who can add penetration to our play - I can see why he has taken Agathe on trial.

Edited by John

Sorry it was down the Hamburg left, our right. So it was Agathe and Savage.

Good result & good workout against a very good team. Looks like Hughes Is giving Gally his chance in pre-season. Hopefully he will take his chance. McEveley needs to be sold to a Championship club.

How has Douglas looked so far in pre-season?

Good result & good workout against a very good team. Looks like Hughes Is giving Gally his chance in pre-season. Hopefully he will take his chance. McEveley needs to be sold to a Championship club.

god hes only 19/20

let him develop

I thought Douglas looked excellent yesterday, i didnt see the accy game. I really do think we should keep him as part of the squad for next season..if he hasnt done anything by January then loan him out. He could be very usefull.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.