BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So Just Where Are All The Ex-rovers?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Academy player John Fitzgerald had quite an eventful day for Bury in the Carling Cup:

"Sunderland held on until eight minutes from time, Bury defender Fitzgerald rising to meet Brian Barry-Murphy's corner at the near post and smashing a header past Ben Alnwick.

Fitzgerald, who had already been booked, jumped straight into the crowd and was sent off for his second yellow card."

Match Report: Bury 2 - 0 Sunderland

Not quite the sharpest tool in the shed it seems?

:D

Sam - Are you sure that was Nathan Blake? I've never heard that before.

Philly - Wasn't Paul Dalglish at Liverpool before moving to Newcastle. Don't think he ever signed with us.

Cheers to rover_groo for his invaluable knowledge - even if I must admit I haven't heard of most of them! :D

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Just a followup on a few Norn Irish Players:

DERRY CITY: Eddie McCallion

GLENTORAN: Peter McCann

LOUGHGALL: Jon Topley

Jonny Topley is a good mate of mine ... I'm marrying his cousin in April ... he remembers his time at Rovers fondly.

Good player ... just lacks that extra bit of motivation you need to make it at a higher level.

Plus he's very fond of a full days beveraging on occasion.

Barnet - Paul Warhurst

Anyone see him and his Barnet team mates taking the Crossbar Challenge on Soccer am this morning?

As he walked up to the camera he was doing a funny walk, and he annouced himself as "Paul Warhurst - Defender, Midfielder and attacker!"

Wasn't far off with his attepmpt either ...

Where Are They Now - Blackburn Worthingto Cup Winners 2002

Article from Square Football which doesn't actually say where most of them are...

If he'd read this board he'd actually have known! ;)

OK...updated (again!)

Egersunds IK (NorwaY) - Jimmy Quinn (Manager)

It needs updating again! - Jimmy Quinn is the new manager of Cambridge United.