Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music To Run Out To

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS:-

CAN'T STOP.

Great, lively introduction to the song and especially with the opening 2 lines can fire both fans and players:

Can't stop addicted to the shin dig

Chop top he says I'm gonna win big

Anyone with me on this?

:rover::rover:

Still got it. It's by Frenzy. They should play it, just the once. It's just a shame I don't have a record player anymore.

ribblesdale - Wrote for Luck would be a better choice.

Bobski - might be able to help you out on the record player bit ( nostalgia you see)

Anyway this was discussed HERE

FRENZY

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

• 2 weeks later...

My personal preferance would be "Always look on the bright side of life" Eric Idle - be nice to have a sing along as the team comes out :D

Or if something a little more lively "Living on a Prayer" Bon Jovi - just about descibes live as a football fan

Or what about "You Sexy Thing" for Robbie and Gamst ?

All our Southern Hemisphere players might appreciate "Down Under" by Men at Work.

I've always maintained that we should avoid the naffness of rubbish like The Final Countdown and other such tripe from similar Poodle Rock tarts. Quite simply, it hits the top of the scale on the shitnessometer.

While I have suggested something classical in past such as the triumphal march from Aida (that all of you would know if you heard it) or the William Tell Overture (ditto), maybe we ought to go for something more contemporary. As such I'd opt for the anthemic opening of "Wake Up" by The Arcade Fire. Absolutely bloody fantastic. Alternatively "The Dark Is Rising" by Mercury Rev (but stop it before that whiny-arsed singing starts.

Then again, maybe now that we are paupers we should simply trot out to the theme tune of Steptoe & Son.

The Hovis theme tune would be ok. We could all sway from side to side whilst humming. Everyone to wear a flat cap, the ladies could wear a headscarf and your whippet could be sat on the otherwise empty seat next to you. Sorted. :brfc:

Hmm, hmm......hmm, hmm, hmm...........hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm, hmm.................that's it.

• 4 weeks later...

It was said in the paper the other week the song that most suited Rovers would be Dirrty by Christina Aguiliera. Chelsea's was money money money by Abba. Personnally I think we should go back to the final countdown or lets get it started in here by the black eyed peas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.