BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walkersteel Blackburn End?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Everton is classed as an A+ game.......I'm sorry to say but to charge an Adult £36 for the ' privilege' of sitting in the Blackburn End is cutting it really close,REALLY CLOSE!! :(

I'm a season ticket holder myself but I cant see many walk- on's being prepared to pay £36 against Everton.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

The club always play the 'best value in the Premiership' card but in the grand scheme of things, £36 is a ridiculous amount of money to watch 90 minutes of football.

Everton can hardly be accused of playing football!

Worst 2 games for me last season Everton home and Everton away

The club always play the 'best value in the Premiership' card but in the grand scheme of things, £36 is a ridiculous amount of money to watch 90 minutes of football.

Totally agree with that. But, how expensive is that compared to other so-called "top-matches" at other Premiership clubs?

According to the ticket page, the Blackburn End is now called 'Walkersteel Blackburn End'

A lot of people still call the CIS Stand Walkersteel so that might cause a bit of confusion!

Riverside is the Riverside and the Blackburn End will always be the Blackburn End.

Are Walkersteel paying us any money for this privilege?

Den, have BRISA any plans to address this ridiculous A+ A B pricing structure?

Its bl00dy wrong and will not help our attendances! :angry:

Well it's the first I knew about it, but I reckon BRISA should have their say, one way or another.

while others have stated that the proces charged are low if you compare other clubs, nevertheless not many people with families to look after will be able to pay that.

Then other fans and the club will ask where are all the lost fans, and before anyone says that the club have to charge high prices for the players to earn the pay that they do, the clubs of all teams have to learn that fans do not have to go and are starting to say stop rigging us off we have had enough.

A and Aplus games have to stop and start charging the same rate

while others have stated that the proces charged are low if you compare other clubs, nevertheless not many people with families to look after will be able to pay that.

Then other fans and the club will ask where are all the lost fans, and before anyone says that the club have to charge high prices for the players to earn the pay that they do, the clubs of all teams have to learn that fans do not have to go and are starting to say stop rigging us off we have had enough.

A and Aplus games have to stop and start charging the same rate

If you can't afford to pay £36, then go sit in the CIS stand for £27. Beggars can't be choosers!

It's a catch 22, situation here. Rovers have done their utmost to make Premiership football affordable for their fans, compared to other Clubs but they can't go on forever, just look at the transfer thread and you'll realise if the fans want £5 tickets, they should prepare themselves for League 2 football and don't start complaining on signing the likes of Kuqi and Jeffers, because without raising matchday tickets, there's no way we can compete with Clubs in signing players like Bellamy, McCarthy, etc.

If you can't afford to pay £36, then go sit in the CIS stand for £27. Beggars can't be choosers!

What complete toss 78!.....is that what its come to nowadays? :angry:

Believe it or not if prices continue at the current rate then there'll be a damn site more 'beggars' than choosers and a lot more empty blue seats around Ewood.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

If memory serves me right. My BBE season ticket for our first season in the premiership was 147 quid 7 quid a game.

Promotion season was a fiver per game on the BBE.

Its too late in a hot day for me to bother with %increase but far to say that the proper fan is being priced out of football. No wonder people go the stanley or watch on tv !!

Charging more for the bigger games is so wrong for so many reasons. The main 1 being that when you have a chance to sell the idea of coming to see a game to as many people as possible we up the price and sell the seats to away fans instead who come once a season and don't care how much it costs anyway. Not the best idea. The club should be looking at the fact that we can't even sell out against Man U these days and wander why. How many Rovers fans will buy tickets for the Everton game at those prices? About 4-5,000 I would expect, expecially as we have Chelsea as well where the prices will presumably be as expensive.

What complete toss 78!.....is that what its come to nowadays? :angry:

Believe it or not if prices continue at the current rate then there'll be a damn site more 'beggars' than choosers and a lot more empty blue seats around Ewood.

And we'll just have to resign to the fact that we support a team destined for the lower leagues. If it wasn't for the Walkers Trust or the forward thinking and slightly risky strategy of having a higher wagebill than most teams, we would be in the lower end of the Championship.

I agree with you that the prices are getting ridiclous, but thats life these days.

The ONLY way £39 could ever be justified for a game at Ewood would be if 2 or 3 free tickets were given to accompanying children . Rovers seem reluctant to do this on a permanent basis and are in grave danger of alienating both the walk on customers AND the future supporters .

I've been a season ticket holder for yonks but if I was a walk on supporter I would be walking on to the nearest pub at these prices .

Loyalty Plan ST = £435 = £22.90 per game

Full Price ST on D/D = £492.20 = £25.90 per game.

I appreciate it's difficult for some folk but an ST is now looking like very good value for regular supporters. If you don't have one, try to sign up asap.

We have one VERY big problem though Paul....its looking like we will only have around 11,000 season ticket holders after a very successful season so, using last seasons average gate, that roughly equates to 6-7,000 fans who buy matchday tickets.

Is that fair to hit these fans hard when we need all the support we can muster?,surely the only possible outcome of this is decreased attendance from walk-ons thus smaller average crowds!

Rovers are playing a dangerous game I fear,Cletus wont be alone. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.