BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walkersteel Blackburn End?

The Club have invested a decent sum in new systems to improve the communications channels and get information, especially price and offers as quickly as possible to the fans. We send regular emails out, however there are alot of fans who we don't have their emails and who probably miss out on exclusive members offers like the tickets for the 'An Audience with Mark Hughes' last year, as they were quickly snapped up by those who received the email.

If you would like to update your details, here's the link https://eticketing.co.uk/blackburnrovers/

Adult Season Ticket - from £14.21 per game

Junior Season Ticket - from £5.21 per game

Young Adult Season Ticket - from £9.21 per game

And if you can't afford to pay it in full, there's a debit debit instalment plan option (£28.89 per month) which is still available

It is not quite as simple as that unless you live within fairly close proximity to Ewood (say within 50 miles). when I lived in the Blackburn area I had a S.T. for years. Now I live in Scotland each visit to Ewood is hugely expensive regardless of the cost of a match ticket, hence I can only afford to come down about 4 times a season.

Train fare (with a rail card) = £47.

Bus fares in Blackburn = £3.

Bed & Breakfast = £30.

Evening meal and couple of pints in B'Burn = £20.

Total = £100.

Then there is the cost of the match ticket plus booking fee!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really worried by the "I'm all right Jack - I bought a season ticket" sort of attitude that seems to be prevalent in this thread.

Yes, season ticket prices are exceptionally good value.

Yes, the prices for junior season tickets at 99 quid are even better value. etc.

And most of the time the club are doing what they can to keep prices affordable.

BUT the fact remains that the ground is a third empty for most games and we simply can't afford to be doing ANYTHING which dissuades one single fan any further from attend ing games at Ewood!

Categorising games with ample spare capacity certainly falls into this bracket and charging 36 quid for anyone who wants to sit in the Blackburn End to watch us play the "mighty" Everton is just adding insult to injury.

That's not to say we don't have a lot of good iniatives at other times.

I'm really worried by the "I'm all right Jack - I bought a season ticket" sort of attitude that seems to be prevalent in this thread.

Not worried, but pi$$ed off by them.

Bleedin' yuppies left over from the Queen Maggie era.

All for one and one for one.

BUT the fact remains that the ground is a third empty for most games and we simply can't afford to be doing ANYTHING which dissuades one single fan any further from attend ing games at Ewood!

Categorising games with ample spare capacity certainly falls into this bracket and charging 36 quid for anyone who wants to sit in the Blackburn End to watch us play the "mighty" Everton is just adding insult to injury.

That's the crux of the matter, Rev.

I don't see it as I'm alright Jack. I'm saying the club have priced an area of the ground at a level which allows fans to pay roughly £5/week to watch PL football. Just what else are the management to do?

I'm rapidly reaching the conclusion we have a section of support that would not turn up if it was free.

The Football League attendances have been interesting.

Very good on the whole with increases in the majority of grounds but the two live games last night and today are probably at least 5,000 down on what they would be if they were not televised.

If televised games are going to be down in geberal the Prem will suffer.

As for the Blackburn debate, clearly there are many people making a lifestyle decision to opt for a few more pints over watching the Rovers.

Add to that the cost and utter misery/inconvenience of long distance travel, more remote supporters are less inclined to bother as well.

The problem is that when in the eighties and even in most of the nineties there needn't have been a "lifestyle choice" to be made. Tickets weren't THAT expensive that people would have to go without something else. Moving abroad is also a lifestyle choice but it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to Rovers what the reason is as they still won't have the money from that supporter.

It's difficult whatever the club does...if they put the prices down then they will lose money they need to compete. It isn't their fault that Blackburn is a poor town compared to the areas that the majority of the Premiership clubs represent.

Generally I back the decision of the club as they need to get the money from somewhere. Many people complaining about the price were probably no doubt complaining about the lack of signings before we brought Benni in. Well...Rovers fans can't have their cake and eat it I'm afraid. The money has to come from somewhere. Lord knows how we'll compete if crowds keep falling. TV revenues keep us up there but all the other teams get that as well. It isn't enough solely on its own to keep us in the top half. :(

The only real gripe I'd have is the timing...why make the first home game (particularly against Everton) an A+ game? It's not a good start and really we should be trying to get people in for that first game and hope they keep coming back even when the price rises. A rise of about a tenner for the next game is a lot less than a rise from zero would have been. :rover:

Edited by FourLaneBlue

If televised games are going to be down in geberal the Prem will suffer.

How will the premiership suffer? Are you referring to the clubs in the premiership? Clubs get enough money in TV revenue to more than make up for the drop in gates at those games. If people would rather watch it in the pub then fine, as long as plenty of people are watching sky, sky will keep charging £40 a month for their sports package (more to pubs/bars/etc.) and will keep paying big revenues to show live games, revenue which goes to the clubs.

If people would rather watch it in the pub then fine, as long as plenty of people are watching sky, sky will keep charging £40 a month for their sports package (more to pubs/bars/etc.) and will keep paying big revenues to show live games, revenue which goes to the clubs.

Aye, but a lot of these pubs aren't paying for sky and therefore showing games illegally.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.