BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 5-0 New Zealand

I think Hughes and Neil have realised that he's a better centre back than right back-although obviously he's good at both. Giving him the slot he wants might just persuade him to stay. Nelsen and Neil centre backs-that looks cracking on paper...now we just need to get a right back in.

By the way what were the squad numbers?

That means that if we were to sign Ooijer he would probably play at right back. Lucas is our only recognised right back, but has shown how good he is in the centre. We have players that can fill in at right back, Zurab, Aaron, Reid and hopefully Ooijer, but is this another department that we need to strengthen? By the way, great result last night, granted that it was against poor opposition. McCarthy sounds like he could be a real capture and his partnership with Roberts could work well. What was the team last night?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get this! That Andy Neild's a cheeky git! Blatant plagiarism.

Must say Benny played the deeper role as expected and yesterday just oozed class. His style reminded me of Dwight Yorke ........... but at his absolute best that is. <_<

and from Monday 14th Match report

Blackburn Rovers 5 New Zealand 0

By Andy Neild

Dare I say, McCarthy actually conjures up images of Dwight Yorke when he was in his prime at Manchester United.

C'mon Andy own up ......... whats your screen name? ;)

Get this! That Andy Neild's a cheeky git! Blatant plagiarism.

and from Monday 14th Match report

Blackburn Rovers 5 New Zealand 0

By Andy Neild

Dare I say, McCarthy actually conjures up images of Dwight Yorke when he was in his prime at Manchester United.

C'mon Andy own up ......... whats your screen name? ;)

That's what I thought as well Gordon. "Dwight Yorke with purpose" was how you described it far more succinctly in the pub before the San Miguel kicked in ! :P

• Backroom

"Dwight Yorke with purpose" was how you described it far more succinctly in the pub before the San Miguel kicked in ! :P

Ahhh but how he described it AFTER the San Miguel kicked in is what we want to know :P

In fairness Gordon, one of the first comments I heard after the final whistle was from someone who described him as Dwight Yorke in his prime. So you probably weren't the first and definitely not the last.

In fairness Gordon, one of the first comments I heard after the final whistle was from someone who described him as Dwight Yorke in his prime. So you probably weren't the first and definitely not the last.

Right Lee. I'll just have to accept that Andy Neild doesn't ever visit this mb then.

Did anyone notice the new bottle bars in the Blackburn end?

They weren’t working for the friendly but apparently from this season we will be able to get bottles of beer from small bottle only bars.

Basically the new bottle bars won’t sell anything – you will simply present your voucher (which you can buy from other bars, prior to kick off or whatever) and then in return you are given your bottles of beer.

Great idea – No messing with change, no long orders and hopefully a lot smaller queues. It should therefore help sell more beer on match days. Well done Rovers!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.