SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] International Call Ups

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Just shows how blazee we are about having international players at Ewood, I hadn't noticed we had an international friendly week now which of course screwed the traditional Easter fixture list- happy days playing Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday are no more.

Anyway, Roberts is playing World Cup in one of the Virgins, Emo is not in China, but MGP is in Podgorica and Zura, Ooijer and Bentley should all see action in various far flung places.

The big worry is South Africa v Paraguay in Pretoria. Just hope the Axe and his colleagues don't chop Roque.

We could have three quarters of our forward line seriously jiggered and jet lagged for the Reading match.

Edited by philipl

Who's your money on who will start on the right wing for England?

My money's on Bentley to start with Beckham to come on sometime in the second half.

It should be the case if Capello really is picking and selecting his team based on "current form".

Eh? Does anybody know or even care what Beckhams current form is? :blink:

Just a messy and unecessary distraction to feed the media and corporate circus with his 100 caps rubbish. He'd have had the buggers anyway if he hadn't got sent off in the WC and gone on to engineer an unecessary suspension years later.

I think Capello will definately get Beckham on just to put the 100 cap thing to bed.

If Capello has picked on recent 'form' then how the hell does Defoe, SWP and Ashley Young get left out but Bridge, Walcoot, Crouch and Owen get in.

I think Capello will definately get Beckham on just to put the 100 cap thing to bed.

If Capello has picked on recent 'form' then how the hell does Defoe, SWP and Ashley Young get left out but Bridge, Walcoot, Crouch and Owen get in.

SWP and Young haven't been playing well for some time. Walcott has had an impact as a sub recently for Arsenal, though i don't think he has done enough to warrant a place. Crouch's inclusion baffles me, he hasn't had much game time at Liverpool for ages.

In terms of Owen he has been scoring a few goals recently and probably deserves to be in the squad. Defoe is the in form english striker and should be in the squad, can't see why he was dropped.

I've just read, to my utter disgust, that Rio Ferdinand has been appointed England captain. The man doesn't have two brain cells to rub together and can't even remember to turn up for drug tests. Where are we going? :angry2:

I've just had a moan about this on the official board. Much as I dislike John Terry's arrogance I'd rather have him or Stevie Gerrard at the helm. Choosing Rio is taking the michael in my opinion. Rio already has an over-inflated opinion of himself and personally I'd love nothing more than Bents to make mincemeat of him again when we play ManU in a couple of weeks time.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJESUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS H CHRISTTTTTTTTTTT

ANYONE JUST HEAR THAT @#/? ON BBC1 NEWS....THE REPORTER SAYS BECKS IS PLAYING TOMMOROW BECAUSE THERE ARE NO YOUNGSTERS OR ANYONE WHO CAN PLAY ON THE RIGHT SIDE....YES IM IN CAPS IVE JUST SPILLED ME BREW DOWN MY JUMPER AND THRON A BISCUIT AT THE TELLY WHAT A PILLOCK

I see that Man Utd have withdrawn Ronaldo and Nani from the Portugal squad, no doubt they are suffering from the same type of injury that always prevented Ryan Giggs from playing International friendlies, given the fact that Fergie was unhappy about Ronaldo playing 90 mins in the last Portugal friendly this seems a little bit suspicious.

I see that Man Utd have withdrawn Ronaldo and Nani from the Portugal squad, no doubt they are suffering from the same type of injury that always prevented Ryan Giggs from playing International friendlies, given the fact that Fergie was unhappy about Ronaldo playing 90 mins in the last Portugal friendly this seems a little bit suspicious.

That's the first thing I thought too. A ssoon as I read that both of them were out, I knew it was down to Fergie.

It happens everywhere, Scott McDonald (leading goalscorer in SPL) has pulled out of the Aussie squad after suffering a calf strain, seemed to be running around fine and scoring goals on the weekend against Gretna.

Like with all of these injuries to players looking at friendlies it will be miraculously healed by the wekeend.

So given the news about Beckham and the media hype to get him to 100 caps wouldn't it serve our purpose better for Hughes be pulling Bentley from the squad via some fabricated injury?

Or do we really need him to become an established England senior international before the transfer window opens?

Who knows eh? :huh:

Ooh, I love a good conspiracy theory, eh? They are so much better with the added eh.

So anyone watch the u-21s? I know Matty got booked, did anything else happen?

Yes, I did actually manage to stay awake the whole 90.

Oh and if Beckham gets the nod ahead of our David I'll be miffed. I think Bents did enough last England game to have earned a second opportunity.

Edited by USABlue

Capello is just letting Beckham have his day when it doesn't matter. Let him start and have his ovation as he's subbed after 60 minutes. The Beckham circus will then have officially left town.

England can get on with winning games rather than hype. I think Capello knows where the future lies. I hope so, anyway!

Capello is just letting Beckham have his day when it doesn't matter. Let him start and have his ovation as he's subbed after 60 minutes. The Beckham circus will then have officially left town.

England can get on with winning games rather than hype. I think Capello knows where the future lies. I hope so, anyway!

It does matter though, bring him on as a substitute and let him have his ovation then. How many times are we going to play real top bracket opposition before the next World Cup? Maybe one, maximum two more friendlies? We need to look to the future, bit miffed at this.

God I hate watching England play with 1 up front. It's so dull and means Rooney and Gerrard, technically our best players, play an awful game with Rooney not holding the line upfront and dropping back to receive the ball and Gerrard not having anyone upfront to pass to or getting the chance to run at the opposition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.