BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] International Call Ups

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bentley and Micah Richards should play on the right. As the guy on SSN is saying - Beckham should retire from international football.

Gerrard and Hargreaves in the middle with cole on left, rooney and crouch together up front. England severly lack strikers other than Rooney.

In the past people have rather laid the blame on England managers than at the lack of ability of the players ............ and I'm going to do it again.

First half we were OK and unlucky to be behind. Second half we needed a goal and knew France would just sit back , so we end up with Gareth Barry and Owen Hargreaves in the centre of midfield. Every time they got the ball, unless there was 15 yards of clear space infront of them, they would go sideways. Is it any wonder we had no possession around the French box.

One day, when he's about 36, someone will realise that Joe Cole will make a far better attacking central midfielder than a winger. At least if you play the ball to his feet there would be a chance of him turning to face goalwards. Stick him in midfield and Ashley young on the left.

Edited by Hasta

Hasta, what you have just said is too close to common sense, no one would ever impliment it. I know Capello has a resume as long as my arm of achievements as a manager, but when a team is chasing a game, it makes no sense having two holding midfielders sat there with no creative spark between them. Joe Cole IMO is one of our most creative players and is being wasted on the left wing. Now i know were don't have much in terms of left wingers to replace him with (see Downing's performance second half) but we need Cole playing behind the striker/s, failing that Gerrard isn't doing too bad playing behind Torres at Liverpool at the moment, try a similar system to that.

As for Bentley, the lad didn't do too much wrong, but didn't do too much right either.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of negative press about Bents, and i don't think its fair.

Most of the play from England either seemed to focus on the central or left side. Also many times you could see Bents holding his arms open wondering where to play it as noone was making any forward runs. You would of thought Owen would of tried to make runs behind the defense but he didn't.

Zurab didn't play for Georgia tonight...spent the night on the bench as we won 4-1.

If Mokoena has put Roque out of action for any length of time then I'm sorry that has to be the end of his stay here. What in Gods name was he thinking about? Idiot

Edited by B.R.F.C

Santa Cruz's injury is reported to be to his ankle after a "hard tackle" by Moekena.

He's not going to win many fans over on here by doing that. :unsure:

It was only a friendly match right, what was he thinking?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.