BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Deal For Mokoena?

den

I cant quite see why we have offered Mokoena a new contract. He is clearly not premiership class. He offers us nothing. The Axe that we heard so much about doesn't even compare to the bluntness of a razor blade. i asked my dad the question why does Mokoena play and get offered a new contract, and his thought was that it's to keep Benni McCarthy happy as they are best mates. He needs to realise his best mate is crap!

Must admit that as a squad player the Axe is limited. However he does provide us with cover - and who knows may be helping to keep Benni settled.

As has been said - he does provide excellent cover without the ball - but is so limited with the ball it can be embarrassing. It is a huge shame that the acadamy hasn't been able to provide us with a half decent centre midfield player post-Dunn.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday while watching us get beat against Arsenal. Surely there is a half decent young lad somewhere for us. Totally different subject, but why does Gally get picked one week and a week later not even get into the 16 man squad?

Oh never knew that. Whats up with him. But also even though he is injured alot of the time one week he gets a look in then doesn't for a while. I like Matt Derbyshire he seems a good player but Gally is alot better.

Gally was sitting near me, and when we thought Matty Derbyshire had equalised he jumped up and then put his head in his hands when he realised he hadn't. In the players and wives bit, he was the only one to do it- so he stood out!

Obviously a real supporter

Edited by Jan

The Axe was pants on Saturday night, sorry fella, you are going to have to do a lot better than that when you are given the chance from the start, picking a pass to one of your own players would be a good start!

My head was in my hands a lot on Sat' night, most of them were due to the Axe & Darbyshire.

What about the Axe's skill spot in the first half. He was just in front of the back four with the ball bobbling at his feet, options on both wings and Derbyshire ready to peel off into space, so the Axe weighed up his options, thought it through, then leathered the ball into orbit Peter Kay style.

Quality stuff.

Yep, he's awful.

He was brought in to sit in front of the back four, and put a boot in. When he did have the ball there was always either the midfield just in front of him, or the defence behind so he never had to pass more then 10 yards!

I don't think he has anything like the quality to play in a 4 man midfield in the premiership. Tugay should have started, but I can only assume that Hughes was hoping Mokoena would disrupt arsenal much as the notlob lot do.

on saturday, axe's mission was to snub -out fabregas. he failed miserably.

there was no point him being on the park. he didnt mark him (he stood about 10yards off him), track him, or kick him.

his inclusion was baffling. when axe and savage are paired together, we have to miss-out the midfield area, and derbyshire and maccarthy weren't going to get much change out of toure and senderos (both are good in the air).

i've been a defender of the axe, but having witnessed him at wigan, everton and home to arsenal, in recent weeks, - he causes more problems than he solves.

if he cant carry out simple instructions/tasks, it's time to give him an aerial painting of ewood park and let him go.

after watching bowen slice the ball into the JW lower, it dawned on me, obviously, mokoena has been having

1-on-1 coaching sessions from 'the master.' :)

Not impressed with the Axe....sorry....just my humble opinion....OK in defence but not skillfull enough for central midfield....he has little or no creative vision and continuously passes the ball backwards or sideways

I still stand by my earlier comments........he is rubbish.........He makes SuperStella look like Tugay !

• 2 weeks later...

All this Mokoena bashing is getting a bit much...

He aint going to distributed the ball like tugay does, but that isnt why he is in the team...he is in the team to win tackles!! Which he does!! Get over it!!

I guess people need something new to moan about now that Neill has moved on though!!

Edited by cn_barlow

• 1 month later...
Mokoena is a accident waiting to happen, and will cost us points if Hughes keeps on starting him

What is your analysis of Mokoena's recent performances (since January 28 until Manchester City)? How many points and cup matches has he cost us in that same time?

Mokoena is like a new player at the moment. His run of games has helped him settle and he has improved dramatically, the last few games he has been bossing the midfield ala Savage.

His passing is improving and he didnt deserve the sending off yesterday. (it was a little harsh, when you consider Hamman staying on)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.