BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Deal For Mokoena?

den

A bit after the final whistle of the Vetra game I was on my way home and a big Hum-Vee jeep effort joined the motorway at Darwen and sped off at a real rate of knots. I reckoned it was a footballer, although the missus reckoned that she sees loads of these vehicles knocking about!

Surprisingly we caught up with it (I was in a Renault Megane!) enough to have a peer in the window and I'm pretty sure Moko was driving and Benny might have been a passenger.

I know that's nothing exciting, but there you go...!

I thought he'd got a driving ban (OK, he might have served it) so better not tell the boys in blue!

• 2 months later...

The Axe has improved tremendously in the last 12 months. I thought he was a more than adequate sub for Savage yesterday. One or two misplaced passes, but he makes himself available and linked play up well. A good tackler and a much better header of the ball than anyone else in the middle. I have no worries about him.

I agree. I think that he's coming on in leaps and bounds and is no longer recognisable as the player with a shovel for a foot that he was. I'm still worried about his tendency for making ridiculous challenges, though! He's still young, and will improve further.

I really liked Mokoena when he signed with Nelsen and felt he was nearly as important as us for Nelsen when we were playing 451 in that season. I remember him playing very well against Norwich at home. It was when we signed Bellamy and went 442 the next season he was poor but glad to see he's improving. I like him.

I'm another fan of The Axe. As already mentioned he has played his best football for us in a 4-5-1 and took time to adapt to playing in a 4 man midfield. At first he was comical but when he was given a regular place in the side he has shown to be more than capable replacement for savage. I think Hughes rates him too - I remember a comment not so long ago about keeping players happy and that good players like Mokoena cant be kept out of the side for too long.

Never been Mokoena's biggest fan but got to be honest he's improved a hell of a lot.

I've no qualms whatsoever about him filling Sav's boots while he's injured, don't think I'd have said that 12 months ago.

Nor would many of our supporters. The Axe's progress is a huge feather in his cap and, um, the caps of his coaches!

A good 5 or 6 years from him left then!

IF in January Fulham still want to pay £5m for Roberts would you take it? I would!

I'd be sad to see Jay Rob go as we've definitely not seen the best of him yet.

On the other hand he is injury-prone and there's no doubt that Santa does a similar job with better finishing.

I think we should wait til summer at least. A decent cup run (or 2 :)) will add loads of games to our schedule and we'll need the cover.

A good 5 or 6 years from him left then!

IF in January Fulham still want to pay £5m for Roberts would you take it? I would!

Id snatch their hand off for 5 million quid, imagine who hughes would bring in with that sort of cash given his expertise in the transfer market. All his stomping around and moodyness; just before he got injured put me off him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.