BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Deal For Mokoena?

den

Coincidence in the only game which Mokoena hasn't played in for a while we concede five?

I think not. Mokoena is perfect for away game that's why I find it odd the Hughes played Mokoena in our recent home games and then chooses to drop him against Wigan.

People go on about his pasisng, but it as vastly improved. Apart from the poor half he had against West Ham he's been in good form and his passing as been coming along nicely.

Edited by grizfoot

There was a point last season when I thought the Axe was developing into a decent midfielder. Sometimes he is unfairly criticised on here.

I am now of the opinion that he is simply not going to be up to it. Possibly he can do a job for a lower Prem league team, but just not good enoug to start for a team with top 6 aspirations.

Maybe I am not thinking right at the moment (sorry, lack of sleep) I actually think we would get at least £2-3 million for him which would be good business. Out of the players who apparently want to leave, I think we could replace him ok.

There was a point last season when I thought the Axe was developing into a decent midfielder. Sometimes he is unfairly criticised on here.

I am now of the opinion that he is simply not going to be up to it. Possibly he can do a job for a lower Prem league team, but just not good enoug to start for a team with top 6 aspirations.

Maybe I am not thinking right at the moment (sorry, lack of sleep) I actually think we would get at least £2-3 million for him which would be good business. Out of the players who apparently want to leave, I think we could replace him ok.

I think he would be great in the Scottish Premier League, I thought Rangers were sniffing around for him. Go there Axe become a cult hero.

Coincidence in the only game which Mokoena hasn't played in for a while we concede five?

All the fans are bemoaning the lack of technical prowess and passing acumen from Steven Reid and Robbie Savage against Wigan, and you think that Mokoena's absence was a deciding factor in us conceding so many?

Interesting question. I doubt the Wigan players would have had such a clear run through from midfield to set up goals 1 and 2 if the Axe had been around.

I suspect a return to the relegation-avoiding 4-5-1 is on the cards in which case the Axe will get a run in the team before heading off to Ghana. At least this time, we have a 1- Roque is a bit of a step up from Stead or Dickov up there.

Edited by philipl

All the fans are bemoaning the lack of technical prowess and passing acumen from Steven Reid and Robbie Savage against Wigan, and you think that Mokoena's absence was a deciding factor in us conceding so many?

I think the fact that the two centre backs looked like they'd just had their own Christmas party in the 12 hours leading up to the game was the main factor. Both Nelsen and Samba looked Pi$$ed at times during that first half.

I suspect he is still with us because Hughes admires his physical attributes (not like that you innuendo obsessed fool :rover: ) - such as his brawn, pace and height... and probably hopes his technical game will improve. Which begs the question, why didn't we keep Jon Douglas. He was a clog-footed workaholic who could kick the opposition and theoretically, could develop his technical game.

Edited by rover6

I still have nightmares of him playing centre back for us. He was truly awful.

You've done it now. The Sky Sports Teletext thing states that Samba is suspended and "Zurab Khizanishvilli or Aaron Mokoena will fill in at Centre Half". Surely not? Hughesy wouldn't do that to us would he? Not at Christmas an all?

From Philipl's Daily Mail article.......

After comments on Axe and Sav "Hughes, who also now has Steven Reid's pace and power available after long-term injury, as well as fans' favourites Tugay and David Dunn, suddenly has an embarrassment of midfield riches."

Not really the phrase that I would have chosen. They are a lot of flawed diamonds at the moment.

From Philipl's Daily Mail article.......

After comments on Axe and Sav "Hughes, who also now has Steven Reid's pace and power available after long-term injury, as well as fans' favourites Tugay and David Dunn, suddenly has an embarrassment of midfield riches."

Not really the phrase that I would have chosen. They are a lot of flawed diamonds at the moment.

I think 'embarrassment' fits the bill quite neatly, though...;-)

I am simply amazed that Hughes still picks him. He cannot pass more than 5 yards to a member of his own team.

His passing was always limited, even when he first came into the team and did "relatively" well, but the time has come now for Hughes to sell him.

He wants to leave, get rid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.