BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Club In The Dark Age

I've heard that it's actually illegal for companies not to accept cash as payment.

That would explain why the judge threw the case out - and quite rightly too.

On another slight rant.

When is the website going to be updated about the Young Rovers Membership. As far as I can tell it is still referring to last season (the free game is listed as Boro, Wigan, or Villa).

Surely this should have been updated by now. I was going to get a membership sorted for the lad. It would be nice for the information to at least be up to date on the official site.

Also whilst I'm at it, whats with the CTRL F5 thing on the official site. Why do you have to press that to get it to update. Can one of the techies tell me why it's the only site I go on which doesnt seem to update automatically.

you may have guessed that I'm having a bad day!!!!

I have been trying to get information on this seasons Rovers membership. Have been told they are having problems with it. The last i heard was that it was going to be another week at least but I was told that anyone who was a member last season would automatically be sent a form this time round. Hope that last bit is true :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Our club really are in the dark ages, apparently you can buy the new training kit online but not in the club shop!! they "hope" to have some in by the Chelsea game! Shocking.

yes can also buy dvd from the ticket office but not from the club shop (sorry they will say the shop has nothing to do with the club) sounds a bit third division

yes can also buy dvd from the ticket office but not from the club shop (sorry they will say the shop has nothing to do with the club) sounds a bit third division

Presumably it means the club keep all the profit on the DVD.

I was amazed to to be asked to pay £5 to buy an extra season ticket yesterday, when I was paying on debit card. I use this in pubs, shops, petrol stations etc with no problem, so why the charge?!

(I drove around to a hole in the wall to withdraw the cash rather than pay the fiver on principle!)

Makes no sense whatsoever!

u can pay for your drink and food with ur card too at the bbar....technology is awesome! ;)

That type of technology is shyte and just results in needless queues and frustration whilst some gimp pays for a couple of shandy's on their stupid plastic! I can't put into words how pathetic I find that current trend.

Like using a mobile phone in a restaurant / having a 'Gold' credit card etc...... used to be deemed chic but now is considered chavish.

I was amazed to to be asked to pay £5 to buy an extra season ticket yesterday, when I was paying on debit card. I use this in pubs, shops, petrol stations etc with no problem, so why the charge?!

(I drove around to a hole in the wall to withdraw the cash rather than pay the fiver on principle!)

Makes no sense whatsoever!

I just use a cheque!

I just use a cheque!

Didnt have a cheque book on me, and why should I? I can use my debit card everywhere else...

(I had to drive around for ages to find a machine that wouldnt charge me for the "priviledge" of withdrawing my money too, but thats another grumble altogether!)

I had completed the season ticket transaction all but for the payment, and had to go away to get the cash. Luckily I really wanted the ticket but how many businesses would go under if the buyer agreed to buy but was then allowed to leave the premises before completing the sale? A large % of sales would be lost I bet...

The more I think about this situation, the more I feel that the club needs to be informed how close they came to losing a season ticket sale which was in their grasp, particularly when said sales are being desperately cried out for.

(On a separate note I went to the Link machine at McDonalds to draw the cash out. The machine was on the blink and didnt pay out, yet my statement has recorded the transaction as taking place...so that £100 I have to chase now. Not the Clubs fault directly, but just adds to my annoyance at the whole stupidity of Rovers ticket policy).

Finally, on another matter, the details of which I am not prepared to divulge on here, I was dealt with very poorly by the ticket office staff, when attempting to collect the season ticket on Sunday afternoon.

All in all, I would be very grateful if someone would be prepared to PM me John Williams e-mail address, or that of his PA at least, as I feel that the club still needs to take some giant steps forward if they are to achieve the level of service required to catch up with the rest of the league on ticket sales.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.