BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 3 Blackburn Rovers 0

well hopefully we will have a couple new faces in soon we need it we were dreadfull typical rovers all the hype, we have changed, we are now better and more skillful then get beat 4-0 n get 2 players sent of bring back dunn and sign huth.

would be absolutely pointless signing Huth seeing as he is out injured until October.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, how depressing is that. I just sat in the car with a few French people who were laughing everytime the update came from Fratton Park, pretty much wanted to cry by the time they got out of the car!

We start every season badly, so I guess this shouldn't really be a surprise. The only good thing about this is it might prevent Hughes and the board from thinking that we could make it through this season with the current squad.

I really, really hate football.

I had a dream in the morning whereby i was checking the live scores-- and the scoreline was Portsmouth 3 Rovers 0 (i think). Halftime was 2-0 to Portsmouth.

...I hope my dream will be awfully wrong.

Enough of the weird dream. Me thinks 1-1 will probably be a decent result to kick off the season with.

i've got the 3-0 scoreline correct =(

odds of 1-23, split a $5 bet with a friend for some consolation. >_<

Pompey looking 'faster' and 'stronger' than us is a big suprise. We're well known within the league for being one of the fitter, sharper teams, so its suprising that this was 2 of our major downfalls. I agree with most, why, when reid had his best ever season, was he playing right wing? It looks as if Hughes is trying to accomodate for Bentley, but everytime Bentley plays, utd and spurs aside, hes never justified his inclusion.

I think you are correct 92er.

Thenodrog, i didn't mean any of my comments to sound malicious by the way, i'm just annoyed at the way Todd has got himself a reputation that always costs the club e.g. if anyone but Todd makes that challenge nothing happens, Todd makes that challenge and he gets a straight red even when he gets something on the ball.

We need signings and quick, not panic buys but we just need bodies in that will improve the squad, forget about only improving the starting 11 as at the moment whoever we sign even as a squad player will end up as a starter while the injuries and suspensions are healed/served.

Other than that it was a shambles. Portsmouth looked fitter/sharper/faster/more determined/first to the ball - take your pick. We didn't create one worthwhile chance.

The legend that is Simon Garner said more or less the same on Radio Lancashire the whole team looked a yard off pace.

Unacceptable.

Not suprised we lost, or that we let in 3 goals. But getting 2 red cards, and were lucky not to lose by 4 or 5?! Is it true that Bentley played in the centre, and Reid on the right? If thats the case then its a bloody joke...

the only bright spark this afternoon was that ex rover johnson scored the goal that beat burnley

a very small consolation.

what a painful couple of hours.

only brad and reid distinguished themselves.

i suggest any of lucas' cheerleaders who think he should be our 1st choice centre half, take a look at the highlights on sky. granted, he played there in an emergency and in my opinion he should only ever swap positions in extreme circumstances.

roberts and mccarthy didnt have much chance to impress. same old story, a lack of creativity in the midfield that needs to be addressed and i believe it will be before the window shuts.

todd's was a fair challenge, although, if i'm being ultra-critical, he'd no need to lunge in (- the game was over and both todd and wiley shouldve used common sense).

rovers should report wiley to the fa and the premier league. he looks for excuses to send rovers players off. he shouldve been relegated after allowing liverpool's goal.

* unless zurab and the admiral recover like lazarus, i reckon the axe/ jay (what a choices to make :rolleyes: ) and matteo will probably be the CB pairing on weds, with reid/ emerton switching to RB*

no need to panic, it's a very similar start as last season (the only difference is i didnt go to this 1. thank god!) and we've got 37 games to put it right.

As a side that prides itself on being fitter, faster and stronger than others i am disgusted at the lack of fintess some players showed today. Bentley over the off season should have hit the weights, even he must know that he is a lightweight, with a bit of muscle on the lad he could maybe make it in the middle. Was it just me or did we lack that fighting spirit we have had since sparky took over, it seemed to me that as soon as the second goal went in, we looked finished and not up for it anymore.

Guest Kamy100

Keep the faith guys. It was a similar story last season and look what happened after that.

Today we were all over the place. Pompey were better in all departments. What was most shocking was the defence, we just couldn't cope with Benjani in the first half and in the second half we defened to deep. We can appeal Todd's red card and Neill will be available on Weds but not against Chelsea. As ever let's see where we are after 10 games before we can start to make judgements. And it also seems the the referee has an ageda against Rovers because whenever he refs our games we get penalised for the slightest of challenges whilist the opposition get away with murder.

All the Build Up, and Little Reward. Well at least this is just the start of the season and still time to bring in 1 more defender and midfielder.

We need to be realistic this season and say that a top 10 is the best we can muster.

Lets hope for an improvement on Wednesday.

but with the little in defence we have then the sooner Nelsen is back the better.

Much optimism around the place, but I'm afraid its going to be another slow start by Rovers.

I still havent forgot the way pompey played us off the park last time at Fratton park, and I reckon we are in for more of the same.

Pompey 3

Rovers 1

Hope I'm very very wrong!

I had a very bad feeling about this game, but it even turned out worse than I thought. :(

More of the same? You saying Pompey are better than us??

Yes

Mark Hughes on Radio Lancs agreed it was a poor start. He was surprised that we were not able to deal with some of Portsmouth's physical challenges as this is normally one of our strengths.

He said it was game over after the 2nd goal/the sending off. He thought the 2nd booking was a little harsh. The ref has agreed to look at Todd's sending off to see if he got it right.

Nelsen and Zurab are unlikely to be fit for Wednesday.

The ref has agreed to look at Todd's sending off to see if he got it right.

oh, smug wiley'll be loving that. he'll rub salt into the wound by saying the sending off stands! <_<

Nelsen and Zurab are unlikely to be fit for Wednesday.

:(

our only hope is to draft eileen drury in to do some 'faith healing.' she's not doing much these days, apart from making glenda hoddles shreaded wheat in the morning.

come on, eileen.

although did nt get a chance to see the match. but from various after match previews , i can imagine how we were trashed..............

1) no creativity :(:(

2) no depth

3) no one to control the game at the middle of the park

4) got outrun at the wings

well again........ i personally think a creative central midfield is needed ASAP( smthing missing for a very long time) and a left back with pace.

defense will be automatically sorted out after nelson and zurab is back..........

well like someone juz said............ there are still 37 more league games to go :)

retify the prob HUGHES!.......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.