BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 3 Blackburn Rovers 0

A referee can rescind the red card if he admits to being wrong. An appeal bypasses that and asks the FA to consider whether it was right or wrong. I wonder when it will be heard? Must be tomorrow?

while he's there maybe he can have a look at the cisse goal last season at ewood?

a guy with a guilty feeling, he should rescind imo

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with neekoy. manner of the loss or not, it is one game.

talk of a crisis after the 1st game is ludacris.

everyone that is panicking should calm down, stop their internal dialogue, wait to see how rovers perform in the upcoming games and who we bring in before the end of the window.

Not talking of a crisis AT ALL :wstu: we are just saying the perfomance was unacceptable . end of, period ,full stop, thats all ..............

Not talking of a crisis AT ALL :wstu: we are just saying the perfomance was unacceptable . end of, period ,full stop, thats all ..............

is that the 'royal we' ? :rolleyes:

i was responding to the doom and gloom merchants. the performance was unacceptable, but it doesnt mean it's terminal and rovers'll struggle/ championship here we come.

i was pointing out that people should wait a few games, to see if the abysmal performances continue, before worrying and critisising.

Can't say I was very impressed with Saturday's performance. It sums up our transfer activity so far... lethargic.

We seemed to have an obsession with playing long balls to our front men all afternoon. Pompey have two solid centre halves but it did concern me how easily Robers/Benni got dominated in the air and on the ground. From a creativity point of view we created nothing despite having a lot of the ball for the away side.

Few points of note:

Bentley in the centre just does not seem to work. I watched him having a great game for England Under 21s in that position so it might be that we persist with him. He does come deep for the ball but all too often he loses concentration.

That brings me on to Tugay or should I say the way play without him. Too often we have produced sub-standard performances when he has been out of the side.

Was Reid fit? He did not seem his energetic self and at times it was if we were trying to carry him.

Injuries, suspensions and no Tugay could make this a bad start to the season.

Edited by John

Every season there are at least a few performances that are equally pathetic and heartless. Mr. 6 already mentioned Villa the last time we finished 6th, Everton, Arsenal and WBA last season, several 4-0 defeats 2 seasons ago.

It's all your fault anyhow, Capt. That'll teach you to go to an away match!

Every season there are at least a few performances that are equally pathetic and heartless. Mr. 6 already mentioned Villa the last time we finished 6th, Everton, Arsenal and WBA last season, several 4-0 defeats 2 seasons ago.

Fair point Mr American. Perhaps more than just the game, but the one that Saturday reminded me of was Liverpool 4 Rovers 0 at the end of the Souness era. Just had a hunt and noticed that, after losing at Liverpool (and the one after), we won 5 on the bounce. I'm determined to find a silver lining.

is that the 'royal we' ? :rolleyes:

i was responding to the doom and gloom merchants. the performance was unacceptable, but it doesnt mean it's terminal and rovers'll struggle/ championship here we come.

i was pointing out that people should wait a few games, to see if the abysmal performances continue, before worrying and critisising.

The royal we ???? mmm no, please refer to my and many others post on SATURDAYS performance only .

Just arrived back from Turkey.

From my seat in the bar in the temp of around 46 degs I sat in anticipation watching Rovers live on Arabic TV with a further 5 Rovers fans. A few cold ones had been sunk but the gleaming red kit stood loud and proud for all of 5 minutes PRE MATCH KICK OFF.

What a total let down, what a farce, what a disgraceful performance by at least 6 of the players.

I am not going to read all 23 pages cause I am tired and sweaty but let me say this

Rovers had NO creativity, Meill didnt want to be there, Todd and Gray were pitiful at best, Gamst was non existant, Reid enigmatic and thats all.

We have two bustling strikers, 6ft plus, biult for speed and what do we do, we dont give them a morsel to feed upon.

I cant be arsed anymore regarding this game, it was poor and simply awful, no effort, no chances,no future !

IT MUST CHANGE FOR WEDNESDAY :(

I was para-gliding in Annecy when my phone vibrated in my pocket. Good news perhaps - I'll check it when I land.

Landed.

Checked phone.

"Ha ha!! Dirty Rovers lose 3-0 to Pompey with 2 red cards to Todd and Neill. And we'll walk over your defence on Wed!"

Instructor then asks me if I'm ok or if I felt a bit sick after the flight.

I walked off contemplating the possibility/probability that Burnley will get promoted this season and we relegated. :ph34r:

Hey you, newboy! Just be careful what you say when speaking to a lady! And remember that not everyone on this site is a spotty games consul playing teenager. There are a majority on here of intelligent and seriously interested football supporters and we don't take kindly to being spoken to like that by you.

And for the record, I too had no idea what on earth you were talking about. :ph34r:

I aint a spotter teenager either pal, watch ur gob alright. So sterotypical of some old fuddy duddies. ham shanker

I forgot how much drivel some Rovers fans can talk.

It's not about the drivel, you'll just have to get used to that here. It can get heated now and then, but most of us manage to keep it civil regardless - which I am sure the mods will tell you unless you calm down a bit.

That being said, welcome (back?) to the board.

I aint a spotter teenager either pal, watch ur gob alright. So sterotypical of some old fuddy duddies. ham shanker

Is that right? Well so far by your own ignorance and foul mouthed posts you have shown quite clearly for all to see exactly what you are.

Show respect to someone who is old enough to be your grandfather and has followed BRFC for longer than almost anybody else on here...... and if you cannot do that then just sod off somewhere else cos you will not be welcome here.

It's all your fault anyhow, Capt. That'll teach you to go to an away match!

That's the point American - over the years I have seem some dire performances but Saturday was bad and down with the lowest of lowest - however you could sense something was not quite right , in addition we where on the second row and you are very close to the action and we hardly heard any communication amongst our boys at all.

Now I did warn people prior to the game about my excellent record when I go watching them away (bar the odd few) , maybe I sshould probably take heed from myself :P

Show respect to someone who is old enough to be your grandfather and has followed BRFC for longer than almost anybody else on here...... and if you cannot do that then just sod off somewhere else cos you will not be welcome here.

:lol: Well said Gord .......we don't want any trouble on here :unsure:

I think some of you lot need to grow up, coming out with immature comments about Clerasil, I have never in my life bought it. I dont have oily pores. And Fife abusival comments I think not, just watch yourself, or is that being nasty. You dont like and I dont like you obviously so just shut it and be quiet.

I think some of you lot need to grow up, coming out with immature comments about Clerasil, I have never in my life bought it. I dont have oily pores. And Fife abusival comments I think not, just watch yourself, or is that being nasty. You dont like and I dont like you obviously so just shut it and be quiet.

Do you never learn. Why don't you just rewind to where all this trouble began. It was YOU who started it all with YOUR abusive comment to Jan, which I took objection to, and quite rightly so. I tried to point out that we dont take kindly to such stupid and offensive comments on this site, but then you really got offensive using even more foul and offensive language. Even when others came in and tried to calm you down you still went on with your crackpot rant and dirty talk. How many more times do you need to be told, and in which language will you understand it? WE DON'T WANT STUPID AND ABUSIVE FOUL MOUTHED IDIOTS ON THIS SITE! IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Edited by Fife Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.