BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 3 Blackburn Rovers 0

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pompey have just picked up Kanu on a free- dangerous on his day and very likely to face us on Saturday.

i'll never forget his miss for wba when he chipped it over the bar from 1 yard :lol:

though i'll agree with you philipl, on his day he's dangerous and hasn't shown much quality in a while since his arsenal days.

2-2 Rovers to keep take a 2 goal lead within 20 minutes only to be pulled back by a goal just before half time and a late equaliser (Lucas to blame, day dreaming of his projected signing on fee's).

Benni, Roberts.

As yet unsigned player x 1, Kanu.

I had a dream in the morning whereby i was checking the live scores-- and the scoreline was Portsmouth 3 Rovers 0 (i think). Halftime was 2-0 to Portsmouth.

...I hope my dream will be awfully wrong.

Enough of the weird dream. Me thinks 1-1 will probably be a decent result to kick off the season with.

Most recent first away games for Rovers over the past few years. If this is anything to go by it's probably 3 points for Pompey

05-06 West H lost 3-1

04-05 Southampton lost 3-2

03-04 Bolton draw 2-2

02-03 Birmingham won 1-0

01-02 Derby lost 1-0

00-01 Crewe draw 0-0

99-00 Huddersfield lost 3-2

98-99 Leeds lost 1-0

97-98 Villa won 4-0 (!)

96-97 Villa lost 1-0 (back to form)

95-96 Wednesday lost 2-1

94-95 Southampton draw 1-1

and I'll leave you with this one

93-94 Chelsea won 2-1

I'm going for Portsmouth 0 - 2 Rovers

Mainly because I think Roberts and McCarthy are ace and Portsmouth will struggle with Kanu and Todorov upfront, even with our injuries.

Also, just so I can laugh at Manchester Blue when he's wrong!

with all our defensive injuries with todd struggling and zurab and nelsen almost certain to be out, the back 4 will probably be:

emerton neill todd gray

todd will play, he was only brought off for a precaution, dom is useless, reid will be better used in midfield and unless we bring in some reserves from the youth, i can neill going inside to centre back and emerton filling in at right back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.