BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 3 Blackburn Rovers 0

The axe at RB doesn't fill me with much confidence either, Pompey are a lot better side than their position showed last season. It could be a dissapointing start to the season for us today with the injuries we have and the 3-match ban to Tugay.

Edited by ihatethedingles

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not realy woried dont think the strike force can caus us much problems even with the axe at rb, plus if he isnt doing well reid or emerton look comfortable ther. orwe could play neil their and move the axe into the centre.

Bit confused about Zurab, thought he would at least be on the bench.

Savage maybe injured. No cover on the bench!

Only way to remedy would be to move Axe to midfield and bring on Emerton to right back.

edit- apparently zurab is injured

Edited by joey_big_nose

did I hear them (Rovers commentary team on MatchLive) say Neill was at fault?

I know he def went & hacked somebody down in frustration & picked up a yellow, will he last the game?

All the fuss about how well Neill did at centre half in the world cup bemuses me. The truth is Australia had nobody else to play in that position (Popovic doesn't count he's useless) after Vidmar had to withdraw...

Glad that bloody bell isn't ringing at Fratton Park!

Edited by TROOPER

did I hear them (Rovers commentary team on MatchLive) say Neill was at fault?

I know he def went & hacked somebody down in frustration & picked up a yellow, will he last the game?

All the fuss about how well Neill did at centre half in the world cup bemuses me. The truth is Australia had nobody else to play in that position (Popovic doesn't count he's useless) after Vidmar had to withdraw...

Glad that bloody bell isn't ringing at Fratton Park!

Is Neill playing at CB today then, with Mokoena at RB?

Yeah, Neill is in the middle & moko is RB

Reid is playing Right wing & Bentley in the middle. I'd rather see Reidy alongside Savage to give us more strength in the centre, still not over impressed by Bentley

Yeah, Neill is in the middle & moko is RB

Reid is playing Right wing & Bentley in the middle. I'd rather see Reidy alongside Savage to give us more strength in the centre, still not over impressed by Bentley

Bentley had a good game in mid-week for the U21s though.

Edited by grizfoot

No wonder we're losing then, a moment of madness from Hughes it seems. Mokoena can't defend for toffee, everybody and their brother knows that. Are Zura and Todd injured? That's the only way I'd choose that back four. <_<

Are Zura and Todd injured? That's the only way I'd choose that back four

Todd is playing alongside Neill...

Nelsen & Zurab are both injured

Bentley had a good game in mid-week for the U21s though.

Didn't get that game out here Grizfoot so I bow to your superior knowledge . Did he play centre mid for England?

Did Reid play centre mid for the Republic?

Todd is playing alongside Neill...

Nelsen & Zurab are both injured

Probably should have paid more attention to the squad before this match - the World Cup was football overload for me. Nelsen is still injured eh? What's the estimate for his return? Also, what's wrong with Zura? Didn't realise he was injured.

Didn't get that game out here Grizfoot so I bow to your superior knowledge . Did he play centre mid for England?
For 70 minutes or so, looked very composed on the ball, but his lack of pace/work ethic was exposed when not in possession, even against a poor side.

In all honesty I'd rather give Taylor a shot at right back than Mokoena - I just don't rate him in the back four at all. He's great in a five man midfield playing the anchor role, but that's where his talents begin and end as a Premiership footballer.

In all honesty I'd rather give Taylor a shot at right back than Mokoena - I just don't rate him in the back four at all. He's great in a five man midfield playing the anchor role, but that's where his talents begin and end as a Premiership footballer

whether you play Reid or Mokoena is a moot point, whichever one you choose will have more 'presence' than Bentley.

Is Bentley playing just behind the front two? That is his best spot, next best is right mid...

We are desperately short of experienced quality players at the back, our only other defenders would be McEveley, Matteo & Taylor - enough said!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.