Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Everton 1

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read chaps!

You're all wrong. :lol: or maybe not :P

We are getting a lot of posession but not using it anywhere nearly as well as last season. Don't know whether there is lack of confidence in the out ball to Roberts/Benni as opposed to Bellamy or the injuries have disjointed us more than they should have done.

Everton's win at Spuds yesterday puts Wednesday in a better context. That said, our subs were dire and their's were not.

Another five signing days until the window closes...

We are getting a lot of posession but not using it anywhere nearly as well as last season. Don't know whether there is lack of confidence in the out ball to Roberts/Benni as opposed to Bellamy or the injuries have disjointed us more than they should have done.

Bellamy hardly played at the start of last season and Pongolle hadn't turned up either Philip so I think your view is probably more in keeping with the team's performances in the second half of the season.

Edited by thenodrog

Don't get me wrong, I like Todd a lot, but nobody that is underperforming, two time player of the year and captain or not, should be beyond dropping. If Zura remains fit and Ooijer is half the player he is billed to be, then that should be our central partnership for Chelsea.

"Theno, Ooijer is first choice centre back for Holland and PSV where he is also captain. I'd say that is enough to base an argeument that he must be in our starting line up.

Yeah so what does that mean? Kuqi is 1st choice striker for Finland, Mokoena was 1st choice ch for SA, Neill CH for Australia, Sav was automatic for wales, Reid is capt and 1st choice for RoI. Yet they have all had criticism on here today.

Higher up the scale perhaps but Hargreaves 1st choice for Germany / Crouch for Lpool but they have both had serious sh1t from our resident 'experts' during the WC. Ooijer sounds a good player but I take nothing for granted till I've seen them.

Ridiculous to compare some of those national teams to Holland, though. The Aussies were the only ones to make it to the finals.

Ahem!

Could be worse for the moaners on here ....... they could be supporting Spurs. Everton's just beaten the fancy dans from WHL 0-2. Kinda puts them only getting 2 chances ALL THE GAME against our cobbled together defence into perspective.

Funny old game eh?

And now Pompey have slaughtered Boro 4-0 at the Riverside!

Just our luck to play the early running form teams :( , but it puts into clearer perspective our results so far.

I knew somebody would dig up Pompey and evertons results. Pompey are only in such good form because they tonked us 3-0. Everton played very poorly against Watford and we should have beaten them. Too often teams start good runs against us. Incidently I would want to be in Tottenhams position because they're on 3 points and not bottom of the league.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.