BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Everton 1

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now what? Hughes keeps it like it is? Brings Kuqi on for McCarthy to trouble the Everton defense? Mokoena comes on for one of the strikers to tighten things up in midfield?

Come on Rovers, hold onto it!

Edit: nevermind. Jeffers on for Roberts.

Edited by Philly Rover ®

I cannot believe radio Lancashire, they were creaming themselves over Evertons equaliser. They Said and I quote "justice done, Everton should have had a penalty etc etc"

Ok, unbiased but when do we want to hear such arse kissing. If Ricahrd Dinnis and the 'cheapy' commentator that does the Bumley and Blackpool matches usually aren't Dingles I'm the pope.

I couldn't get to the game due to work and not being able to drive, but I'll never listen to Radio Lancashire EVER again.

Edited by Dan5678

TODD IS A MORON

The guy has an IQ of a cashew.

He is deffiently a liability at the back. Thank god we have signed the dutch defender.

Hopefully Nelson will be back asap.

Thought Robberts was excellent. Emerton as well deserves a mention. Thought he made a few very very good tackles. McCarthy is quality. Really looking forward to him progress with us in the Premiership.

Bring on Chelsea

Edited by Poita

anyone else surprised that Cahill wasn't playing?

You were saying?

Oh well.. if we were to suffer a last-minute equalise, it couldn't have been scored by a nicer chap.

Well, a point's a start. Sounds like we should have scored in the first half, but at least our performance was much better than on Saturday.

Chelsea will be pretty angry when we play them this weekend, unfortunately: Viduka scored in the 90th minute to give Boro a 2-1 win.

Andy Todd seems to have lost half a yard of pace.

Overall, we didnt deserve more than a point based on Evertons last 20 mins and to be fair they should have had a dead cert penalty.

Im disappointed with the lack of creativity from midfield up till now.

The one plus was Emertons performance at right back. Im pretty sure this was among his top 2 or 3 performances in our shirt if not the top one. He was great.

TODD IS A MORON

The guy has an IQ of a cashew.

Bit harsh on the cashew there B)

Todd was crap tonight, So was Gray as usual.

Emerton was good again, did not look out of place at left back, he much more pace then Neil, never looked like getting skinned.

Gamst starred in AWOL yet again.

Roberts is a bit crap at finishing.

The first hour was great and then the whole team backed home and just defended, remember one incident when Benni had the ball and the whole flank out right was empty. Not a single run from any Rovers player the last half hour, dont know if told by Hughes to hold it or own judgement. First half Emerton ran that wing up and down and after the goal he just sat back.

Slow start to the season then. Little improvement from saturday though, atleast it's an improvement. What's happened to MGP over the last few games? He was awesome last season and now he doesn't seem to have his same flare. :(

Hopefully sunday will be another improvement on today........... if Boro can beat them........ :unsure:

Edited by N8 ORTS

Slow start to the season then. Little improvement from saturday though, atleast it's an improvement. What's happened to MGP over the last few games? He was awesome last season and now he doesn't seem to have his same flare. :(

MGP wasnt awesome though, he just scored awesome goals and did little else in the games.

Hopefully sunday will be another improvement on today........... if Boro can beat them........ :unsure:

He is MOTD player, he'll score the odd fantastic goal, provide the odd great cross etc sadly his all round play is lacking and inconsistant. We need him in the team becuase he is the one player that can produce a piece of magic.

Am waiting to watch Footie First but Cottee seems to think that Todd 'could easily have got sent off' as he kept on pushing it whilst on a yellow...I would have thought that this was biased but he did say that Osman should have perhaps had a straight red. Dissapointing-from those first two games you would have expected more than one point-did we create many good chances tonight?

Finally, was Emo really showing his Feyenord form?! :blink:

It sounds like we played well, created some chances, with Roberts guilty of missing most of them and then sat back for the final period of the game. It sounds like creativity from the midfield was missing again and this is something that needs to be address now while we still can. It sounds like MGP went AWOL again, but what's knew there? The guy scores a lot of goals from midfield, but does little else.I'm glad McCarthy scored though, that's what he was brought here to do and lets hope it's the first of many.

Todd always finds a way to get him self sent off his lack off pace means he tackles the player not the ball should have been penalty to everton Todd is crap thank good when we have oijer and Neslen :) in the middle not that poor excuse for a defender. :o McCarthy needs better service i think to roberts needs to finish chances and reid needes to get involved i thought bently was good alround and emo better than neill. his pace was great from the back line. :brfc:

The Good

McCarthy scored. His volley just after they equalised also showed great technique. First look I think he'll do OK. His partnership with Roberts looks like it could trouble a lot of defences provided the refs let them get away with a bit. They got away with a hell of a lot more of backing and tussling tonight than Bellers or Dickov would have.

Zurab, having just returned from injury, looked our best defender out there by a fair way.

Emerton can do a job at right back if needed. Not sure what he'd be like up against Lennon, Robben or Ronaldo though

The Bad

Under pressure, we sat back and wilted like the bygone days of Souey. You could see the goal coming long before it did.

Todd was lucky with the penalty and lets himslef down with silly blocks or tackles.

MGP was anonymous. He redeems himself with a high goalscoring rate but he gets very few crosses in from the left, has little pace and contributes nothing. However he does score goals which, one game apart, is more than David Bentley. He was woeful.

The Ugly

Kevin Kilbane. The worst player to make a consistant living in the Premier League. Probably.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.