BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Everton 1

All I can say is. . if that's our response to lat Saturday god help us for the rest of season.

Who said we are supposed to be one of the fittest teams in the league...... :o

Just one mention seeing as I have slated him enough, thought Emerton did ok tonight and did what he had to do well even though he didn't have to much against him.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit harsh on the cashew there B)

Todd was crap tonight, So was Gray as usual.

Emerton was good again, did not look out of place at left back, he much more pace then Neil, never looked like getting skinned.

Gamst starred in AWOL yet again.

Roberts is a bit crap at finishing.

I think Emerton played right back.

The goal was a simple ball over the top, similar to the one that caught him out at Pompey and resulted in his red card. When the ball was in the air, you could tell he was struggling against McFadden; not sure whether he's lost a bit of pace or whether he's just had a few off games where he's been caught napping.

Here you go, quite a few of us had 1-1, a couple of people got points on Saturday but the majority got points on the Everton match.

Early doors for a table, but just to prove I am doing something!

Player Points

1 3recurring 5

2 ainscough99 5

3 ihatedingles 5

4 Mark Atkins'BaldPatch 5

5 percy 5

6 pick32 5

7 rebelzero 5

8 Revidge Blue 5

9 Rover4ever 5

10 rover6 5

11 SharrockDownSouth 5

12 SIMON GARNERS 194 5

13 tchocky 5

14 The Gull 5

15 tsnuf 5

16 shilito15 4

17 Adopted Scouser 2

18 AggyBlue 2

19 Alamo Rover 2

20 American 2

21 Billy Castell 2

22 bob fleming 2

23 brennanboy 2

24 chopperhopper 2

25 cn174 2

26 Daren 2

27 DavidMailsTightPerm 2

28 den 2

29 emglch 2

30 Exiled in Toronto 2

31 FourLaneBlue 2

32 Foxxx 2

33 Frosty 2

34 Hannah 2

35 herbergeeh 2

36 Hughesy 2

37 James No. 7 2

38 jansenprsty10@wales 2

39 Jim J 2

40 Jordan 2

41 Krislu 2

42 laughatthedingles 2

43 Look4me 2

44 MC 2

45 oakland 2

46 Perth Rover 2

47 philipl 2

48 pleasure 2

49 Quack 2

50 SAS 2

51 Scotty 2

52 ScouseRover 2

53 Shevchenko 2

54 Simon Says 2

55 SouthAussieRover 2

56 steb 2

57 vyeo 2

58 3rdpillar 0

59 ad102 0

60 Al 0

61 amh_brfc 0

62 andyrovers 0

63 azzyb_90 0

64 Baz 0

65 Big A 0

66 blue phil 0

67 blue/white 0

68 blueandwhitemike 0

69 Bondi-Rover 0

70 Capt Kayos 0

71 Cheshireblue 0

72 chris 0

73 cn_barlow 0

74 Cookiemonster 0

75 DownUnderRover 0

76 Dude Abides 0

77 Eddie 0

78 Fife Rover 0

79 Fumofumo 0

80 Gareth 0

81 GreggyK 0

82 Hypo-Luxa 0

83 ihateburnley 0

84 james198308822 0

85 joey_big_nose 0

86 LA Rover 0

87 Manchester Blue 0

88 ManicRover 0

89 McClarky 0

90 Mr. E 0

91 Nayef 0

92 neekoy 0

93 nellybc 0

94 Nelsta 0

95 nissefar 0

96 OhmiBRFC 0

97 OJrovers 0

98 oklahoma 0

99 Oscar Raven 0

100 ozzie jones 0

101 Paul 0

102 Philly Rover @ 0

103 pks1984 0

104 Rachrover 0

105 robbojohno 0

106 Ronin 0

107 rover_groo 0

108 roversmum 0

109 salothsar 0

110 schaffy 0

111 SD4E 0

112 Simonsays 0

113 Somerset Rover! 0

114 sparky12 0

115 starcascade 0

116 stuwilky 0

117 tcj_jones 0

118 Tooting Rover 0

Very very disappointing. We played some very attractive football in the first half without providing any cutting edge at all. Roberts (mainly) and McCarthy spurned four very good chances whillst Bentley only had to dink the ball into an open net over the Everton keeper after he rushed to the edge of the area but attempted a pass instead. :huh:

When we did finally convert a chance and went to 1-0, we stopped playing! Towards the end the equaliser was always going to happen. We weren't positive enough in our play once we scored, nor did we keep any possession.

McCarthy looked a genuinely classy player up front, (without Bellamy's explosive pace and ability to make things happen). And Emerton did surprisingly well at RB.

Bentley did much much better from the right wing. Conversely MGP might as well not have shown up again.

If we play like that we'll get stuffed on Sunday and are effectively playing va 35 game campaign.

Didn't see the game or hear the game, same as Saturday. Reading what I read here I suppose I will do the gardening Sunday instead of watch the game. Are we looking THAT poor???

MGP, missing again? well knock me down with a feather. I'd have cashed in on him had we had a chance.

Edited by USABlue

When we did finally convert a chance and went to 1-0, we stopped playing!

A point that I made on here last year. We simply cannot defend a lead well enough. (Englands achilles heel too.) We simply cannot retain possession effectively and end up giving the ball away needlessly.

On the plus side..

1. this was always going to be difficult given our patched up defence.

2. Whilst possession was prob shaded by Everton the cobbled together team that we did put out did create the better chances and could easily but prob unfairly have gone into the half time break 3-0 up.

btw I did enjoy the game USABLue. Plenty of commitment displayed by both teams.

Edited by thenodrog

Well a lot better than last weeks performance! Our main problem is keeping posession of the ball, especially when we have the lead. We should be dictating the play against sides like Everton. Instead we give the ball away cheaply and put ourselves under pressure.

Impressed with both Benni and Roberts.

I'll keep it brief.

Much better than Saturday, but didn't deserve more than a draw which is a bit of a concern. Bert did a decent job at RB (and I'm not a Bert fan) but as I think Hasta said, he wasn't up against much. Savage ran around a lot as usual. Thought Gray got forward more than usual (but for a desperate clawing Howard, Gally would have had a tap in from a Gray cross) and whilst MGP did bugger all attacking-wise, he did a lot of running and covering for Gray.

On the face of it a draw at home to Everton isn't great but I'm fairly pleased cos it was such an improvement over Saturday.

A point that I made on here last year. We simply cannot defend a lead well enough. (Englands achilles heel too.) We simply cannot retain possession effectively and end up giving the ball away needlessly.

On the plus side..

1. this was always going to be difficult given our patched up defence.

2. Whilst possession was prob shaded by Everton the cobbled together team that we did put out did create the better chances and could easily but prob unfairly have gone into the half time break 3-0 up.

btw I did enjoy the game USABLue. Plenty of commitment displayed by both teams.

Thanks TND, I'll cancel the gardening then.

A lot of people seem to have turned on Andy Todd. He was our best defender a couple of seasons back and he did well last season. Has taken a sudden downward turn?

Ive always thought he was a muppet.

The guy seems to have sudden brain explosions.

Which makes it beyond me how he is "captain"

Good first 60-70 minutes, then it fell apart a bit. Not really a drop from the rovers players, more a pick up from everton. Bloody McFadden and co :angry:

Emerton did well, also was impressed by bentley, he did a lot of good things from the right wing but i did see what everyone means by he is a bit of a lightweight when he was pushed off the ball by kilbane when he was streaming forward.

I don't want to be negative. But if we can't win Everton then we can't win in europe match. Take note that everton played very bad in europe last year.

If our target is first 4 then we should forget it. We have already lost 5 points.

I still keep my words: forget about europe.

Of course I hope I am wrong.

ive always said it that todd is a liability,and the two performances hes played doesnt change my mind whatsoever.sorry guys but the sooner hes replaced the better :(

the performance tonight was much better and im still confident we can get somethin out of the chelsea game

Fair enough we've had a pretty bad start to the season, but it's still early days. Glad to hear that there is some positive things to take from the Everton game. From what I heard off Rovers World we were un top and should have been 2-0 up at some stage.

With Ooijer signing and players coming back from injury I think we can put a decent run together. The Chelsea game might come a bit early, so I'm not expecting much from that one. But after that we have a week to prepare our self for the Sheff Utd game.

:brfc:

Edited by krislu

Before I get started.......Emerton had one of his best games for us. There I've said it, and it didn't hurt much :)

...... I'll cancel the gardening then.

I wouldn't. Last season we could stroll down to Ewood with a real sense of anticipation, good football and a real chance of winning. Which is exactly how I set out last night. In the first half we had periods of excitement, entertainment and good chances for Rovers. We played too much long ball, so we clearly don't have a midfield maestro available without Tugay, but it was creating opportunities. This lasted for around 20 minutes and by half time the game was going nowhere. Five minutes or so in to the second I was feeling very bored and dreading another 40 minutes or so. Everton are absolute rubbish, have been ever since Moyes arrived ( I really don't understand why he is lauded by the media), and Rovers were struggling to bring any real quality to the game. Then up pops McCarthy with a really excellent finish to sweep away the boredom and spark some enthusiasm. Sadly we failed to build on that goal and paid the price late in the game. Everton deserved nothing and we sent them away with a gift-wrapped point when they should have been easily beaten.

I do hope last night's long ball was an aberation, I can't deal with a season of this style. I was very disappointed in the team performance, and feel Hughes got the subs wrong. There was no need to make a change at 1-0, the substitutions, IMV, cost us the game. Jeffers came on because we were playing Everton and Gally because he's been promised a game or two. Bright spots in a sea of mediocrity were Bentley, Roberts, Emerton and McCarthy. We don't look anywhere close to as fit as last season, there is no excuse for that, the players should be fit.

We can do better, we must do much better. There were only 15,500 home fans at Ewood and if we want a few more to turn up the football is going to have to be a damn sight better than last night. We had 17000 for Fulham last year, presumably only a few hundred from London, so it looks like we've lost another 1000 home fans already. £36 for last night's level of entertainment was ridiculous, the fans voted with their feet. Will they return?

Overall very disappointed with what I observed last night, on and off the pitch.

As usual a bit too much doom and gloom. A game we should have won with ease against a bumbling Everton team led by £15 million of carthorse.

A patched up defence looked at ease until we were put under pressure, but that will be solved by Nelsen and ....the Dutch lad and a few games

Sections of the quulity press are lauding the two strikers and rightly so. We have a couple of decent players up front who combined well. Worth mentioning that Reid didn't look fully fit and we missed the option of bringing on Tugay in the last 15 minutes to help us retain the ball.

If there is a criticism to be made I think Hughes got the substitutions wrong. Mokeona should have been plonked in fron of the back four for the last ten minutes and one of the strikers taken off. Points would have been in the bag.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.