BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andre Ooijer Signs !

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes made the point after the match of praising Ooijer. He added that now Oiijer and Nonda are with Blackburn (i.e. our coaching staff) that they will become stronger and will improve.

Edited by John

As would I. Reckon Hughes would get the best out of him more consistently than he's shown it at Boro.

Ooijer reckons the rocky patch is behind him and that he's settling in nicely. He reckons that he's not shown us the half of it yet (I hope he's right) and that he'll continue getting better. Given the enthusiasm that he showed towards the move I'm willing to suspend judgement. I must admit to becoming excited about a partnership between Ooijer and Nelsen. It could be very strong.

Edited by daren

• 2 weeks later...

Is Anybody watching the Holland match tonight?

I am.

Holland are 0-1 behind after a cracking goal from Martin Petrov. Dirk Kuyt of Liverpool has also gone off injured. The bulgarian pitch is extremely wet and it's pouring down with rain...

Ooijer hasnt had much to do yet. Holland are dominating play and it's 4 minutes to half time.

You can watch the game below (it's a legal link from the Dutch TV channel Talpa)

http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/asx/talpastream1.asp

Edited by SCF08

Oh dear, such a shame. Will he be fit for next Saturday do you think? :ph34r:

I dont know. Kuyt is never injured so I was quite shocked to see him go off. He was sprinting towards the penalty spot to get to a cross but he landed very akwardly on his left ankle..

Bulgaria - Holland 1-1 Beautiful header by Robin van Persie..

Andre Ooijer is having a pretty good game. He's been excellent on the ball and defensively he has not had to do much.

Still 10 mins to go. He also nearly scored with a bicycle kick.. :blink:

Edited by SCF08

If Kuyt is out for saturday it just means that Crouch comes in. I'd prefer Kuyt to play instead of Crouch, he's probably a bit easier for Oijer to play against, he knows all about him from matches in the Dutch league.

I suppose we can hope that Bellamy's court case goes 'well' this week so we might not have to play against him either.

If Kuyt is out for saturday it just means that Crouch comes in. I'd prefer Kuyt to play instead of Crouch, he's probably a bit easier for Oijer to play against, he knows all about him from matches in the Dutch league.

I suppose we can hope that Bellamy's court case goes 'well' this week so we might not have to play against him either.

Well , Kuyt has scored lots of goals against Psv so I think Ooijer is quite happy that he's injured.

Hell no, Kuyt and Xabi have been Liverpools only shining lights so far this term. As long as the the midfeild does it's job Ooijer isn't going to need worry about Crouch and his overhead kicks.

Good game, the Bulgarians were very impressive. Both those Petrov boys were outstanding.

I thought Ooijer was quite good and Van Persie is fast becoming an absolute class act

Only saw the goals but Martin Petrov is a big fave of mine. Saw him playing for Atletico Madrid the other year and he was unbelievably good. Think he's out of our league maybe but he is a quality player, if not a bit inconsistent.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing Ooijer is excellent at is bringing the ball out of defense, he hardly even misplaces a pass and when put under pressure he never loses his cool and looks almost Tugay-esque, you can definately see the quality in Oojers game coming through now. Shame on those people who were slagging him off after his first lot of games.

When Nelsen returns we could have one of the best defensive partnerships in the prem.

Good times ahead.

To be fair RTM I would agree if he played in a position further up the field. Wingers and Strikers who have injuries sometimes lose that little bit of pace to take them past players, I think Nelsen will come back just fine. He plays in a position where experience and positioning often take precedent over pace, I don't think he will lose that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.