BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andre Ooijer Signs !

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talking to a neighbour this morning, whose daughter lives in new zealand. press over there saying admirals injury far worse than rovers letting on, and word is he may not even play again!!! so question would be do we need another centre half in january to partner oojier?

most on this messageboard mustve become more liberal. i'dve been hung,drawn and quartered for a comment like that! :lol:

ooijer is looking far more accomplished, but still makes a few mis- judgements. i'm impressed by his composure and technical ability, on the ball. when he comes out of defence with the ball, i wish he'd lay the ball off, just after the halfway line. impressive, but also a worry.

most on this messageboard mustve become more liberal. i'dve been hung,drawn and quartered for a comment like that! :lol:

ooijer is looking far more accomplished, but still makes a few mis- judgements. i'm impressed by his composure and technical ability, on the ball. when he comes out of defence with the ball, i wish he'd lay the ball off, just after the halfway line. impressive, but also a worry.

But that came from a lady in New Zealand, you are our pleasure. They don't make ###### up in New Zealand you know :D

Yeah Ooyah looking better and better, I don't see many on here holding there hands up, you know who you are the ones that had him as useless when he'd played only a few games.

It will be devastating if Nelsen is really out of the game for good.

God bless Nelsen :brfc:

You make it sound like he's died!

Yes it would be a major blow for the Rovers, but on a personal note I would be very surprised if he hadn't earnt an absolute fortune already, never mind the hefty insurance payout he would presumably get. Unless or course, his injury was a genetic one - but that's very unlikely............surely................?

:unsure:

:rolleyes:

:D

Yes it would be a major blow for the Rovers, but on a personal note I would be very surprised if he hadn't earnt an absolute fortune already, never mind the hefty insurance payout he would presumably get. Unless or course, his injury was a genetic one - but that's very unlikely............surely................?

And that is relative how? Absolute fortune? he played bloody MLS until two seasons ago. Do some people just look for stuff to have a dig about. I really hope it is not too serious, just about became my favourite player. Not seen a Defender of that quality for a long time at Ewood.

Edited by USABlue

I'll hold my hand up U.S.A. Blue, I slated him after that Chelsea performance, he looked all at sea and I said so. When we were looking for a centre half, I thought we would go for A) a fast, hard tackling , covering type of No5, B) a tall player, totally dominating in the air who would win every cross, or C) the sort of player who is cultured on the ball and can distribute without playing us into trouble.

Given the fact that Mike England retired a long time ago there aren't players out there who can do all three roles. So we got Ooijer who doesn't really fit any of those criterions , after watching him several times he has definately improved and he played very well on Thursday especially considering how badly Zurab played alongside him.

However he hasn't made us look any more secure dealing with crosses, he has a tendency to ball watch ( Rooney goal for England a prime example) and although he wins headers he sometimes miss directs them into dangerous areas. He reads the game fairly well but he's not the fastest thing on two legs and at 30 odd he's not going to get any faster. Maybe his biggest strength is his calmness in possession and his passing from defence into midfield.

Let's hope he continues to find his feet and come to terms with the Premier League.

Don't know where the face came from ?

Opps, im sorry. I meant God bless his injury and hope he can recover and play footy in a Rovers shirt again. :brfc:

Anyway Oojier is starting to impress, he's calm and composed when he's on the ball but one thing he need to work on is to stop conceding penalties.. we already conceded 5 or 6 penalties and it's not even X'mas yet.

Anyway Oojier is starting to impress, he's calm and composed when he's on the ball but one thing he need to work on is to stop conceding penalties.. we already conceded 5 or 6 penalties and it's not even X'mas yet.

Yeah but you should remember that some (i.e the second against Sheffield United and the one against Villa) were ridiculously harsh, and that you can't always blame the player for conceding it. Although that being said, conceding three penalties is a bit worrying for a player.

Fife Rover , yes I did type B and at first a B was what I got, can you explain ?

Sorry; I can't explain HOW it happened, you would need to ask one of the computer guru's on here for that. It's just that I noticed you had probably used a B) for your second bullet point, and that funny little icon that you got has a software code of B). The rest as they say is magic!

EDIT: Oh dear; can you believe it? It has just happened to me as well!!! What is going on? I typed a capital b in a closing bracket, and each time I did it, the darned thing produced a B)

Edited by Fife Rover

Yeah but you should remember that some (i.e the second against Sheffield United and the one against Villa) were ridiculously harsh, and that you can't always blame the player for conceding it. Although that being said, conceding three penalties is a bit worrying for a player.

Did anyone else see the Mancs v Chelski match today? And did you notice the Mancs penalty claim where a Utd player slammed the ball hard into one of the Chelski defenders in the area hitting him high up on the chest/shoulder area and 75000 mancs screamed for a pen as one. The ref did not give it; presumably and quite correctly because it was ball to man and doubtful as to whether it hit his shoulder anyway.

The point being that this incident was PRECISELY the same as the incident involving Ooijer in the Villa game; except that on that occasion the ref saw it as a penalty. Inconsistency? or something else? what do you think?

Did anyone else see the Mancs v Chelski match today? And did you notice the Mancs penalty claim where a Utd player slammed the ball hard into one of the Chelski defenders in the area hitting him high up on the chest/shoulder area and 75000 mancs screamed for a pen as one. The ref did not give it; presumably and quite correctly because it was ball to man and doubtful as to whether it hit his shoulder anyway.

The point being that this incident was PRECISELY the same as the incident involving Ooijer in the Villa game; except that on that occasion the ref saw it as a penalty. Inconsistency? or something else? what do you think?

was that when ronaldo pinged it at ashley cole from about 5 yards?

Oh no, it's something else for sure.

There's no doubt whatsoever that the FA and the media have combined to prevent us from being successful. Only a fool would think that there aren't new instructions given to referees designed to hold back Rovers. In fact, it's entirely obvious that Howard Webb recalled the Ooijer penalty before making the decision in Sunday's game and based his decision completely around that...just to upset us that little bit more. It's disgusting, really.

Edited by LeChuck

was that when ronaldo pinged it at ashley cole from about 5 yards?

Sorry, I can't remember who the two players involved were. You may well be right. Anyway, who it was is not the point; exactly the same as the Ooijer incident with opposite interpretation of the ref IS the point!

This is fast becoming the 'was it a pen?' thread. In an idle moment yesterday I was looking back at the pen decisions that have gone against us this season.....

Todd v Portsmouth (a) : definitely not, fair tackle and red rescinded after the game

Ooijer v Chelsea (h) : OK

Khiz v Sheff Utd (a) : very questionable

Neill v Sheff Utd (a) : definitely not, chest not hand

Ooijer v Wigan (h) : OK

Ooijer v Aston V (a) : definitely not, ball to hand from a couple of yards

Tugay v Spurs (h) : OK

* categories at the risk of incurring Le Chuck's wrath

Are we being hard done by? I'd say so.

Oh no, it's something else for sure.

There's no doubt whatsoever that the FA and the media have combined to prevent us from being successful. Only a fool would think that there aren't new instructions given to referees designed to hold back Rovers. In fact, it's entirely obvious that Howard Webb recalled the Ooijer penalty before making the decision in Sunday's game and based his decision completely around that...just to upset us that little bit more. It's disgusting, really.

Got out of bed on the wrong side today Chukie? Or has daddy confiscated your favorite toy?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.