BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roy Keane - Sunderland Manager

Certainly from a motivational standpoint there are few in the game that can get players going like Keane. The problem has always been that he simply cannot see fault in a thing that he does. So when things aren't going well, it won't be down to his tactics or team selection - everything will fall at the feet of the players, and he won't be shy about telling the media that either.

Wouldnt surprise me if they didn't kick and bruise themselves back into the prem.

However, that stragergy wont work when they arrive. Many accused BRFC of that type of play, but WE all know that was b0ll0ks and we actualy played some very good football whist raking in the yellow/red cards.

I think Keane will be a great manager.

And if he is, soon, then he'll be touted for the United job too, which can only be good for us.

Good call

Edited by 3rdpillar

• 1 month later...

"The party is over," says Keane

After a bright start to Keane's managerial career at the Stadium of Light, it appears as if the players have gone back to their bad old ways again. Keane has had a couple of bad results recently, losing 3-1 to Ipswich and 4-1 to Preston.

I've actually got mixed feelings as to how I want Sunderland to do this season. On the one hand, I want to see this odious Irish thug fall flat on his face. But on the other hand, it could be in Rovers' best interests for Keane to succeed at Sunderland. If Keane were to take Sunderland up into the Premiership and transform their fortunes, he could well be a rival for Mark Hughes to take over at Old Trafford when Fergie eventually retires.

Keane would certainly be a popular choice among the Old Trafford crowd, and unlike John Williams who said that he would be "delighted" if Hughes became the next Man United manager, I actually disagree with our esteemed Chairman - and I'd like to see Hughes remain at Ewood Park for as long as possible.

The 24th November should be interesting, when Keane's Sunderland team travel to Molineux to meet up with his old foe Mick McCarthy at Wolves. Will the two of them shake hands? They both detest each other with a vengeance. I think Keane would rather slit his throat than give McCarthy a big hug.

Mark Hughes and Martin O'Neill, incidentally, are both currently joint favourites at 11/2 to become the next Old Trafford boss.

"The party is over," says Keane

After a bright start to Keane's managerial career at the Stadium of Light, it appears as if the players have gone back to their bad old ways again. Keane has had a couple of bad results recently, losing 3-1 to Ipswich and 4-1 to Preston.

I've actually got mixed feelings as to how I want Sunderland to do this season. On the one hand, I want to see this odious Irish thug fall flat on his face. But on the other hand, it could be in Rovers' best interests for Keane to succeed at Sunderland. If Keane were to take Sunderland up into the Premiership and transform their fortunes, he could well be a rival for Mark Hughes to take over at Old Trafford when Fergie eventually retires.

Keane would certainly be a popular choice among the Old Trafford crowd, and unlike John Williams who said that he would be "delighted" if Hughes became the next Man United manager, I actually disagree with our esteemed Chairman - and I'd like to see Hughes remain at Ewood Park for as long as possible.

The 24th November should be interesting, when Keane's Sunderland team travel to Molineux to meet up with his old foe Mick McCarthy at Wolves. Will the two of them shake hands? They both detest each other with a vengeance. I think Keane would rather slit his throat than give McCarthy a big hug.

Mark Hughes and Martin O'Neill, incidentally, are both currently joint favourites at 11/2 to become the next Old Trafford boss.

Fabio Capello, after his failed madrid homecoming, might be a decent shout as well. His reputation itself will make him an attractive proposition to the glazers should he be available. That said, did RFW say he was looking to stay on for a couple more seasons yet?

There's an article in the mirror today which has Keane saying his romantic dinner with his wife was ruined because he couldn't stop thinking about Nyrom Nosworthy ! :D Now before you start thinking this sounds like it should be in the NOTW, he was refering to the ineptitude of his defence against Preston.

Sounds like it's good not to be a Sunderland defender at the moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.