BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Chelsea 2

The reason we didn't create anything was because no-one was attacking their box. I have never seen so few players commited to an attack before, it was kind a shocking really. When we got into a decent position on the wing, only Roberts was in the box. McCarthy stood outside the area, Gamst wasnt arriving and neither Reid or Savage was anywhere to be seen.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand why neither Savage or Reid were getting into the box (so as not to be drawn out of position and leave us exposed), but the fact that McCarthy and the opposite winger were never getting in there was shocking at times. That did improve in the second half though. For me this is a result of there not being a creative midfielder. McCarthy obviously feels the need to drop deep to create something, which isn't great, but if we could get a better link between the defense to midfield and then to the attack we might see him staying where he should be.

i thought we played alright on sunday though the bottom line is for whatever reason i.e cheating, they had 2 chances and scored from both.

emerton was amazing, fairplay what are we feeding him these days?

ooijer, not the best debut though he can't take all the blame as its a team game after all.

in midfield we were more up for it than chelsea though some of the chelsea midfield didn't know their positions, bentley done well, reidy and lilly were flying in to the tackles and gamst done alright though went quiet in the 2nd half.

benni had his chance and smashed it straight at the keeper, roberts didn't do alot imo, worked hard though he didn't really cause chelsea much problems.

:D

Seem to have struck a nerve there.

I think it might just be a case of 'touche'.

The reason we didn't create anything was because no-one was attacking their box. I have never seen so few players commited to an attack before, it was kind a shocking really. When we got into a decent position on the wing, only Roberts was in the box. McCarthy stood outside the area, Gamst wasnt arriving and neither Reid or Savage was anywhere to be seen.

Krislu read the second post down from the top of this page. You need to think things through a little more.

Edited by thenodrog

I suspect Im not the first person to say this, but Im not half looking forward to Tugay being around with Roberts and McCarthy. I think that will be a sight to behold.

For the first game and a half and then Tugay will look every bit the 36 year old veteran with sprightly 20 somethings running rings around him.

It's amazing how every time Tugay has a spell out of the team, many fans forget that despite being a fantastically talented player, he is very old and inconsistent and cannot, these days, string 3/4 good performances in a row.

Symptomatic of how we're playing. There's little or no movement off the ball and we're not playing for each other like a "team".

Almost as if we're in the "Just give it to Bellamy and he'll score" mode we seemed to be in at times last season.

Henry Winter in the Telegraph doesn't share your opinion Rev. Mind you even I thought he was writing with blue tinted glasses.

It's amazing how every time Tugay has a spell out of the team, many fans forget that despite being a fantastically talented player, he is very old and inconsistent and cannot, these days, string 3/4 good performances in a row.

How many other players can claim to be able to do that either?

Krislu read the second post down from the top of this page. You need to think things through a little more.

I'm explaining why we did not create anything, and that was one of the main reasons. What their midfield is worth has nothing to do with it, if we're going to win we need to have some runs from midfield.

Perhaps you need to use that big lump between your shoulders before you post...

Perhaps you need to use that big lump between your shoulders before you post...

Don't be so rude. I might suggest that you should stick to sledging and catching fish through ice holes...... at least that's something that you WILL know far more about than I.

Symptomatic of how we're playing. There's little or no movement off the ball and we're not playing for each other like a "team".

Rev see my comments on the Portsmouth & Everton thread :P

I didn't need to see Sunday's game - you can have all the possesion you want but we do absolutely bugger all with the ball.

Luckily I had other commitments on Sunday so only saw part on SKY TV (watch out JW I might not come back) and still not impressed at all.

Interestingly the stats portrayed Chelski as having more possesion (just) yet more affective - I am not into stats but people's futile attempts at trying to paper over the obvious problems in our team is laughable - forget about the opposition - x2 shots on target AT HOME ffs.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Interestingly the stats portrayed Chelski as having more possesion (just) yet more affective - I am not into stats but people's futile attempts at trying to paper over the obvious problems in our team is laughable - forget about the opposition - x2 shots on target AT HOME ffs.

2 shots on target I think you mean.

btw Kayos.... Congratulations are in order. "Forget about the opposition" Thats about the daftest thing I have read on here for quite some time! :lol: I salute you for brightening up my Monday morning.

Edited by thenodrog

Don't be so rude. I might suggest that you should stick to sledging and catching fish through ice holes...... at least that's something that you WILL know far more about than I.

:lol:

on the game, i thought rovers controlled the 1st half and were never in danger. i've watched a re-run on sky and ooijer was warned to stop holding only minutes before.

i was shocked by his shambolic display. he's always looked calm and collected when i've watched him for PSV. he made several inexplicable errors.

i expect him to improve. hope it's just a case of getting used to the fast pace of the PL,

otherwise we may have bought the next christian dailly. :blink:

btw Kayos.... Congratulations are in order. "Forget about the opposition" Thats about the daftest thing I have read on here for quite some time! :lol: I salute you for brightening up my Monday morning.

Nice to know I brighten up your life TND :P but explain yourself please to this minion :wstu:

daftest - obviously don't read your own posts

Is two shots not what I said?

Seems to me that people say its ok just because it was Chelski who we where playing -IMO we have been poor in two matches (didn't see all the Chelsea game but doesn't appear we did much really in that either) - certain things are inexcusable and not acceptable regardless of whether we are playing Chelski or Chippenham.

I see we had nearly double the amount of corners to Chelski - did any reach the penalty box?

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Monday? It seems to be Tuesday up here, but down there...... who knows?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.