BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Chelsea 2

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a hard one really, I mean cfc losing so early in the season to a very poor Middlesboro team and Rovers playing far from the heights we reached last year.

A wounded Moanalot and his band of rich money grabbers against a team of hard so and so's on minimum footballers wages, its the rich against the has beens, its the champions against the also rans, its the glitz against the rags.

So on to Sunday, I think we can all safely say we cant expect anything other than defeat. I dont, and I dont expect anything other than a single Rovers goal on our scoresheet.

Chelsea negatives are a lack of composure, lack of steel through the middle and the dodgy keeping of cudicini compared to Cech. There defences seems as wide open as ours at times. I just hope that Rovers compete and try and create something for our front men to work with.

3-0 chelsea :(

Mourinho must be under pressure-I'm sure his boss wants to win both the European cup and the Premiership, both with a bit of style. And it's the first time he has really come under pressure since he's been here. He must get his team fired up to win, but also to win well. That way he would get back some of his pride from the loss last year.

Hopefully against Chelsea we can get our first win of the season. Middlesborough showed that they can be beaten, even with all their big name players. Hopefully the addition of Ooijer to the team will make us stronger at the back. I'd like to see Reid moved to the centre of midfield and Emerton starting on the right.

Rovers 2 (McCarthy & Roberts)

Chelsea 1 (Drogba)

With Hughes seeming to admit that Everton should have had a penalty yesterday I reckon Todd is going to get the chop for Ooijer. Apart from that I think Neill will make a reapperence and Emerton will be moved to the midfield to make it more robust. Lineup:

----------McCarthy Roberts

--Gamst Savage Reid Emerton

--Gray Oooijer Zurab Niell

------------------Friedel

Subs: Brown, Todd, Gallagher, Bentley, Kuqi

Exactly what I'd go for. Neill doesn't necessarily deserve his place based on reports of his Saturday performance, but I'd feel more comfortable with the Neill/Emerton combination on the right side than I would with an Emerton/Bentley combo. As you said, joey, more robust and more defensively sound (at least in theory).

2-0 Chelsea.

Roberts and Benni still need time to settle as a strikeforce, although we've seen flashes of what they're capable of together. Hope Todd doesn't play against Chelsea, the guy makes me nervous every time he's on the pitch. For the Andy Johnson incident, there was no need whatsoever, he had a yard on him, and Brad could also have got it.

I predict 2-1 to rovers. I'm also pleased by the fact I got any points at all on the prediction league :) McCarthy and Bently (who started to look like he could do a job, although he needs to hit the weights!)

Something definitely seems not right at Chelsea to me.

They've now lost three out of their last four Premiership games and the team spirit in the camp doesn't seem to be as unified as during the last two seasons - players looking to leave etc.

In addition I suspect they've gone from making Mourinho type signings, i.e. slightly lower profile names that will blend in well and form the strongest team and squad to Abramovich authorised signings of mega superstar status in the hope that this will bring instant gratification in the Champions League.

That said their reverse at Boro couldn't have come at a worse time for us. They'll be desperate to avoid two on the bounce and undoubtedly still have a lot of quality.

I think we'll get thumped 0-3.

After that, with Tugay available again, Reid back to full fitness, Ooijer competing for places, and Roberts hopefully gaining a bit more confidence in front of goal, I think we'll start to climb the table.

Chelsea have begun this season pretty much exactly how they left off the last one. Playing badly and losing to teams they shouldn't.

I was at the City game on Sunday and although they won easily they did not play well and City were terrible.

I think we can get a draw out of this one.

2-2 Benni and Roberts

3-0 Blackburn.

Chelsea will do everything but score, dominating procedings, and hitting the post/crossbar 12 times. Blackburn will have 3 shots on goal, and McCarthy will convert one of those chances. The other two goals will be own goals from Gallas and Lampard. Mourinho will moan about how his team scored all the goals, and Andy Todd will be arrested after assaulting two geese and a swan as he gets on the team coach.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.