BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

Most people want them to eff off anyways, so I don't see the point in the big hissy fit.

Just supposing everyone had their brains and ears removed and more voted for keep than don't keep then you pick the biggest sub-vote out of keep to decide what to do.

It's only a bleeding messageboard vote, not Demond DimbleBumble Bee on General Erection night.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody thought of taking his drum off him & giving him a big box of crayons & a colouring book? :huh:

That sounds like a great idea. When the opposition goalkeeper is about to take a kick he can go up behind him an colour in a picture.

Or how about letting him bang away on his drum constantly for 90 mins until his heart is content BUT only on non-match days!

There is a problem with the 12 votes for "keep them but get them to drum in time"

How's that going to happen? Are we going to send these loons to the Royal Northern College of Music for percussion lessons? They've had enough practice FFS! It's not like they have to learn new chants every fortnight (or even every season!)

Those 12 votes should be added to the "they should go" quota, on technical grounds.

Last time this poll came up, I voted middle of the road "not bothered" out of courtesy to Billy and co.

Soz fellas, time has come to get the BBE back to how it should be. Drummers out. Unreserved seating in.

Get rid and for crying out loud, take your "ger in to em" chant with you. It's embarrasing. It honestly makes us look and sound like a laughing stock.

Edited by Kei

I say keep them, although a conductor wouldn’t go amiss. Perhaps the club should even encourage more drummers, after all the fans in upper central JW could surly afford much larger louder and more tuneful drums? :tu:

Get rid and for crying out loud, take you're "ger in to em" chant with you. It's embarrasing. It honestly makes us look and sound like a laughing stock.

little harsh there some would call it character :brfc:

Edited by Mr Indeed

Is anything actually going to happen from this poll (and all previous threads, polls etc) ??

Is there any real movement to KEEP the drummers? If they were taken away, would there be an angry mob?

I think a few game trial without them is totally reasonable

I am told that John Williams does read such threads, but doesn't believe the views of this messageboard to be indicative of the views of Rovers fans in general.

However, the poll on here does have a fairly sizeable amount in favour of replacing the drummer, and IMHO the club should take the results of this poll seriously and canvass opinions of other fans (perhaps through Brisa,the Fans Forum) as to what to do about the matchday experience in general.

Theres certainly more to the situation than just getting shut of the drummer, but its a perfectly valid first step to experiment in dropping him for a few games.

B)-->

QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 29 2006, 13:33 ) 440462[/snapback]

I am told that John Williams does read such threads, but doesn't believe the views of this messageboard to be indicative of the views of Rovers fans in general.

And he thinks the secret society 'fans forum' is FFS - pls tell me you are joking Steb?

If he really does then he is a bigger prick than I thought already.

B)-->

QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 30 2006, 12:33 ) 440462[/snapback]

This messageboard represents a good cross section of fans.

From pillars of society, such as myself, to some right rubbin' rags :lol:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 30 2006, 12:33 ) 440462[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

This messageboard represents a good cross section of fans.

From pillars of society, such as myself, to some right rubbin' rags :lol:

No, but theres 18000 fans attend Ewood,only 101 have voted on this topic so far. Its a fair point, but doesnt mean that the results should be ignored.

B)-->

QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 29 2006, 13:53 ) 440478[/snapback]

only 101 have voted on this topic so far.

Its a fair point, but doesnt mean that the results should be ignored.

But which is more than there would be at a Fans forum which they seem to think is a fair reflection

It certainly is but that is exactly what they seem to do.

(ste b @ Aug 30 2006, 13:33 )

Has the Fans Forum actually managed to tell John Williams anything about what the Rovers fans think? If there are people on there (as has been revealed) reporting that the fans are pleased with the drummers then it is pretty obvious ithere are problems with it. If it can't tell the board what the fans think then what is the point of it?

At least Brisa can claim to speaking on behalf of their members.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

If you want to do an opinion poll to see what the result of the general election would be, you don't ask the entire voting population who they'd vote for, you'd select a random sample.

Granted, we do not have a random sample here, but there is an overwhelming majority in favour of packing the drummers off to the Siberian Philharmonic. Is this messageboard representative of such a skewed sample of Rovers' fans that such a reult can be disregarded?

Does John Williams go out into the street with a clipboard canvassing the man in the street? Is that how he can disregard the views on here so easily? Or is he just copping-out? Maybe he should try sitting next to Cozy Powell reincarnated for 90 minutes, get a close-up experience.

The entire reason I converted this thread into a poll is so I could present the data to the club via BRISA and/or the FF.

The fact that we know multiple members of staff at the club are regular readers is a bonus.

I genuinely believe that the drummers could put people off going to Ewood Park. It is the constant thuding and banging and makes the place sound like a building site. It comes through loud and claer on the tv and I have had friends who have watched on tv comment about how annoying it is. I think that could put people off going as they don't want to go to get a headache!

I can speak from personal experience about a similar kind of thing. I was staying in Sheffield a few years back and a usual when I'm in England I go to a fooball match. Blackburn weren't playing that weekend, but I looked to see who was. Sheffield Utd were away so Sheffield Wednesday were at home. I didn't go to the Sheffield Wednesday game as I couldn't have put up with their annoying band throughout the game. Instead I got the train to Derby and watched Derby County.

I'm sure (or at least hope) the drummers are well intentioned and they believe that they are helping the team but really they are not. They are killing the atmosphere and making it unpleasant to go there. I've started sitting in the JW Stand towards the Darwen End as it is about as far away as possible from them, and is slightly less unpleasant.

The going up behind the keeper and trying to put him off is increadibly embarrassing and if the club do nothing else they should at least make it clear to them that this is totally unacceptable behaviour - and that if he does it again he will be immediately ejected from the stadium. What on earth does he expect it to achieve? In the highly unlikely event that it puts the keeper off and we gain an advantage by scoring can you imagine the bad publicity the club would get - I'm sure they would also get into trouble with the FA and fined - I hope if that does happen the fine comes out of the drummers own pocket.

If you are reading this drummers please prove that you are no just self centred people who are looking to be the centre of attention and get on tv. Please give us a break with no drums of say five matches in a row so that the crowd can prove to you that the atmosphere given a few games to develop will be much better without the drums. It will also give you an opportunity to enjoy the game - intead of banging away throughout.

I say keep them, although a conductor wouldn’t go amiss. Perhaps the club should even encourage more drummers, after all the fans in upper central JW could surly afford much larger louder and more tuneful drums? :tu:

little harsh there some would call it character :brfc:

Funny you should say that Mr. Indeed, because up here in Scotland, Livingston F.C. supporters have a Samba band that goes everywhere with them, and this is truly entertaining even for the home supporters. They up the tempo or change the rythmn when their team is on the attack and it is both entertaining and effective in increasing the adrenalin flow for all.

Edited by Fife Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.