BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scrap Cat A & A+ Tickets

Making Wigan at home a Category A game is totally ridiculus. Last year they bought around 2k, this year with the premiership novalty having worn off, they will bring barely that (although might be offshot slightly by the fact the game aint on sky this year).

Perhaps an interesting indication on how many tickets Wigan expect to sell is the fact that our official site, it says we have allocated Wigan the whole Darwen End, whereas on the wigan site it says 1,400 tickets!

In reality, there are only 2 games that should be category A+ and that is Man u and L'pool at Ewood. As for the others, it would depend if the game was on sky, if it was midweek, if it was sat 3pm etc to whether Man city, N'castle, chels, arse and Everton would be Cat A. All the rest would be cat B

ITS PROBABLY HOW MANY THEY'LL BRING -IF THEY SELL THOSE THEY WILL THEN RELEASE ANOTHER BATCH

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DONT JUST LOOK AT OUR GATES LOOK AT THE NUMBERS OF VISITING FANS DWINDLING!!!!!

very good point.

although, i gave my city mate a lift yesterday and she says the lack of numbers wasnt all down to price, but city's abject away displays (their home gates are also down because of it).

i've backed rovers ticketing policy in the past, but i cant understand the logic of the pricing of chelsea, city and wigan games.

i can only deduce, rovers were banking on large away followings- to boost the coffers.

all in all, a severe lack of foresight.

Edited by pleasure

although, i gave my city mate a lift yesterday and she says the lack of numbers wasnt all down to price, but city's abject away displays (their home gates are also down because of it).

Surely the price of tickets and foreign TV has more to do with home attendances than mere away form? By definition their home form must be at least respectable.

That great big shiny new ground too! People really don't know when they are well off do they?

On radio 5 on saturday, it commented on wigans poor following of less than 1,000 for the everton game. I would be surprised if it is a 1,000 for our game especially on a sunday.

Could be 16,000 especially with salzburg just 3 days before. If I had to chose one, I would choose £15 for potentially exciting uefa game over £30 wigan game, not that I expect a huge crowd for the uefa game.

I think rovers need to admit they have got it wrong and scrap cat a games with the exception of liverpool and Man U. Possibly Newcastle as well if they are doing well. As a season ticket holder who gets a really good deal, it would not bother me.

Edited by ad0102

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.