BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sony Psp

Just bought a White PSP with 3 UMD films and 5 top games for £180.00

Anyone else got one? they good?

Ive played on a friends and thought it was a great little toy!

I prefer them to the DS. Some of the games that are coming out for it look awsome for a handh held - check out Teken - Click

The only down side is that I cant see the UMD movies being around (still being made) in another year.

I prefer them to the DS. Some of the games that are coming out for it look awsome for a handh held - check out Teken - Click

The only down side is that I cant see the UMD movies being around (still being made) in another year.

Cant you run the movies off the memory stick?

Guest Kamy100

I have both the DS Lite and PSP.

The DS has some top games and pretty much all my mobile gaming is done on that,

PSP is definately more of a multi-media device. I use it to watch movies, most of them are put on the memory stick, also great for watching TV series like Lost, Prision Break and 24. I use a programme called pspvideo 9. Games wise there aren't that many good games on the PSP at the moment, Locoroco is good. Also the new tekken and PES6 look very good.

Also if you you go to www.yourpsp.com you can download game demos.

I have both the DS Lite and PSP.

The DS has some top games and pretty much all my mobile gaming is done on that,

PSP is definately more of a multi-media device. I use it to watch movies, most of them are put on the memory stick, also great for watching TV series like Lost, Prision Break and 24. I use a programme called pspvideo 9. Games wise there aren't that many good games on the PSP at the moment, Locoroco is good. Also the new tekken and PES6 look very good.

Also if you you go to www.yourpsp.com you can download game demos.

can i download them to the PSP if i use the PSP browser? not got it yes so just wondered if anyone has any good tricks for it

I've not been a convert to the PSP - however whilst on holiday I was sat next to a kid on the flight out with one. I was really really impressed with the resolution and definition of the screen and the graphics. If I had the money I'd definately think about getting one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My youngest son has just decided that he wants a PSP for christmas. What do I need to buy as extras to go with it so he can do anything with it such as music, movies and games. Does anyone use the sandisk memory sticks as they seem to be a good deal compared to the Sony ones? Any other tips that could be useful? Thanks.

Guest Kamy100

The only real extra that you need is a programme called PSPVIDEO9 which is a freeware programme available on the internet, this will convert movie files and copy them to your PSP. In terms of Music and photo's you can drag and drop them onto your PSP.

The scan disk memory sticks will be fine, I have one and it works really well, probably need a 2GB if you want to hold a few movies or episodes of a TV series.

I would shop around there are some really good deals available at the sites below:

www.gameplay.com

www.shopto.com

www.play.com

Guest Kamy100

No worries. I have not come across any bitrate limits.

There is also a very good forum on

http://www.yourpsp.com

TBH The PSP didn't have many good games, but recently LOCO Roco, PES6 (out Friday) FM2007 (out Friday) and Tekken have restored my gaming faith in the system, I use it mainly for watching movies or TV programmes.

I've got one, don't play on it much mind you really. Its okay if you do a lot of travelling I suppose can just pull it and play.

That was what I was thinking when I nearly bought one on Saturday. Was actually thinking that I should get a new job further away so that I could play footman on the bus. Then I realised I was being silly and put the PSP back on the shelf

My youngest son has just decided that he wants a PSP for christmas. What do I need to buy as extras to go with it so he can do anything with it such as music, movies and games. Does anyone use the sandisk memory sticks as they seem to be a good deal compared to the Sony ones? Any other tips that could be useful? Thanks.

Get him a Hard case, as PSPs do not take to kind to bein bounced at all, trust me Ive seen too many PSPs with a cracked screen and the LCD screen does not take it very well at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.