BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shabani Nonda Signs

FFS! You didnt even see Derbyshire play! he is far too lightweight at the moment to be starting games, Nonda offers so much more to the team.

Whatever... Its funny how people can have a opinion on here. But only if its the same as everyone else. I think Derbyshire deserves his chance. Its my opinion, im allowed to have one by the way! He deserves his chance... :rover:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, he does deserve a chance, but Nonda and Benni are also in great form right now.

Isn't it nice to have the problem of three good strikers pushing for 2 spots rather than looking for two fit strikers or someone to partner Bellamy?

Whatever... Its funny how people can have a opinion on here. But only if its the same as everyone else. I think Derbyshire deserves his chance. Its my opinion, im allowed to have one by the way! He deserves his chance... :rover:

Your judging your opinion on not even having seen the guy play though! Nonda deserves to be starting games, he played well until he had to be substitued, because of his injury.

Besides you seem to have a little your own little witchhunt going for Nonda, whats a matter did he break your remote control :D

Your judging your opinion on not even having seen the guy play though! Nonda deserves to be starting games, he played well until he had to be substitued, because of his injury.

Besides you seem to have a little your own little witchhunt going for Nonda, whats a matter did he break your remote control :D

Nonda played 45 and Derbyshire played 45, one scored, the other did not. I dont have a problem with Nonda i just prefer a played who is going to be here longer has a bigger chance to develop.

In the last few games he has shown that he is capable of playing top flight, yes i favour Derbyshire over Nonda, thats my opinion...

I agree, hes showing the signs of a good player, his positioning is great, he always seems to get in to goalscoring opportunities.

Which one do you mean? Derbyshire or Nonda; only your statement above could apply equally well to either of them.

Which one do you mean? Derbyshire or Nonda; only your statement above could apply equally well to either of them.

Its going to be Derbyshire... Everyone knows about Nonda's abilities and thats why one of the nicest things about discovering a new young player is you get to discover there abilities in early matches...

Its going to be Derbyshire... Everyone knows about Nonda's abilities and thats why one of the nicest things about discovering a new young player is you get to discover there abilities in early matches...

You see what I meant in my reply to your Topic Starting Post of 1750 hrs WSR. I ask a question of another poster, and you come flying in with an answer. How can you possibly know what was in the mind BringDunnyBack? You really must try and control your impulsiveness. :rolleyes:

Hmm... I'll say it again. Derbyshire needs/deserves 5 games after his performance today v Wigan!

Derbyshire's performance today was fine and he put away an easy chance. It was no better than Nonda's though, who has played excellently in my opinion in the last four matches (all of which I've seen). Nonda didn't create a great deal today but then he and McCarthy hardly had the ball at all in the first half. Derbyshire was playing most of the time against a Wigan team pushing forward trying to get back into the game - there's always going to be more space in that situation for a striker. There will be a time for Derbyshire, and if Nonda is injured it might be at Everton, but at the moment I'd choose Nonda first every time if fit. He did score 4 in December...

I'm delighted that Derbyshire scored today, it's a reward for how well he has played recently. We will definately see more of him, but at the moment I'd rather see McCarthy and Nonda still starting up front. It's worked well recently, with both players scoring goals.

first off....well done lads....lets get stuck into this league again.....and go inter-steller champions league...... :lol:

ok....a question......

ive not seen nonda in the flesh.....but how fast is he? i was asking a mate of mine who is a west brom fan about roberts and he said he is pretty fast but just runs in straight lines.......

so yeah what im askin is who is our fastest current player....or stronegst runner or whatever.....u know what i mean!!!

Also.....BENNI BENNI BENNI B)

Hmm... I'll say it again. Derbyshire needs/deserves 5 games after his performance today v Wigan!

Then you justify that by saying it's because he scored.

By that criteria, Derbyshire shouldn't have appeared because Nonda and Benni should have had 5 games apiece.

You can't just elevate someone because of one tap in. You have to pick your best side don't you?

BTW, apart from the tap in, he did little else - as you will know. <_<

Another example of somebody being a complete muppet... AGAIN!

If you dont have anything nice to say, do everyone a favour and leave me alone!

Why do you feel you have to go into every thread and post. Just post when you have something constructive to say and that may stop fellow posters abusing you

Ok then this is my opinion of Matty Derbyshire.

He has a decent history of putting goals away for fun in the reserves. He has been excellent whilst on loan at Wrexham scoring 9 goals in 10 games however im sure Plymouth are kicking themselves for wasting his talent when they had him on loan. Apparently they had the habbit of using him as a 1 minute before full time wasting sub, he never really had a chance appearing in 13 games for a maximum of 2 - 3 minutes each.

Whilst he has been given a chance he has, from what i have seen and been told, allot of passion to succeed and develop.

He has got pace, which is something we have been lacking since Roberts has been out. For a player to develop he needs pitch time. Which is exactly what Mark Hughes has been doing.

I can one day forsee him scoring a very important goal which will hopefully make us all stand up and give him the gratitude he deserves.

I look forward to seeing him develop and becoming an important member of the Rovers makeup.

Oh and not that i am trying to take anything away from the opinions given, comparing Nonda to Derbyshire and im not saying that based on 1 game he should be given more of a chance over Nonda (although id like to see a perminant player given a chance over a loanie) apart from decent spells as sub but...

SkySports: Wigan v Rovers rated him 1 point higher than Nonda.

Nonda HAS scored some very important goals for us this season and im sure he will score more important goals before his loan ends but all im worried about when it comes to Derbyshire is that when injured strikers become fit again. Ie. Jeffers and Roberts, Derbyshire will be forgotten...

This is just my opinion anyway...

Edited by West Sussex Rover

Take it up with Wikipedia then:

Take it up with them...

This is just another example of why wikipedia can't be trusted 100% as it is userbased.

While I do trust Stuwilky more than some random wiki user, I don't know the numbers myself for certain so I wont edit the article.

Edited by Daje

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.