BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shabani Nonda Signs

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to how our new strikeforce, and Ooijer, plays against Sheff Utd. Obviously must-win games coming up this month, but I think we'll do alright, especially if Nonda stays fit and settles in well, as he's played for Monaco, he should be well used to playing in front of small crowds :P

Looks like quantity over quality to me, you can fantisise all you want but if Nonda isnt as good as Bellamy, then its a big NO, we, Rovers, havent improved or moved forward as a team from last year, just plenty more bodies though to confuse the issue.

So McCarthy isn't better than anyone we had on the books last season, perhaps barring Bellamy? What about Roberts, under the same conditions? ;)

I would much rather have kept Kuqi than Jeffers, if I'm being honest. But when you get offered £2.5 million for Kuqi, then you take it! I think that Nonda, McCarthy and Roberts will be our three main strikers, with Jeffers and Gallagher being used in cup games and as substitutes. Even though I'm happy that we've signed Nonda, I still can't believe that we didn't sign a creative player.

How has Nonda played SINCE the injury? Anybody know whether he's scored since, or how well he has done so? Kinda worried by the prospect of our strikeforce during the African Nations Cup...though I spose it's a chance for the young lads to shine.

Got the song sorted:

To the tune of Monster by The Automatic

"whos that scoring a goal?, its Shabani Nonda, its Shabani Nonda-aa"

repeat ad-naseum

:lol:

Downloading it as we speak, but I would imagine your problem is that you don't have a media player capable of showing avi.-files. VLC media will sort this out for you, google and you shall find :)

Hah, well I could not resist, I had to see him in action and as I thought originally if it does not work leave it alone. But NO I googled I downloaded and it still does the same thing. Now I sit with total apprehension, what did I down load exactly. Oh to have grown up in the nerdy age.

Hah, well I could not resist, I had to see him in action and as I thought originally if it does not work leave it alone. But NO I googled I downloaded and it still does the same thing. Now I sit with total apprehension, what did I down load exactly. Oh to have grown up in the nerdy age.

USABlue, you've got to download and install DivX to view this video. After doing so, you will be able to view in Windows Media Player as well.

OK I've been imbibing fine wine but...

Nonda is one hell of a signing for Rovers.

I am really excited by the prospect of Nonda and Benni together. Give it a few weeks and those two are going to dismember some unfortunate opponent at Ewood.

I'm similarly excited by the signing of Nonda ... I think he could be the best of the 4 new strikers.

It is very clear that many people on this MB regularly drink more alcohol in an afternoon than I get through in a fortnight or a month.

Hope the imbibing of fine wine hasn't clouded your judgement philip!! :P

his goalscoring record is all over this thread, why not have a look.

He scored 8 goals in 22 last season for Roma

Not what I asked though, I know he scored 8 in 22 last season. However, I was under the impression that some of those came before the injury, and hopefully some after. So I'd like to know how he scored AFTER injury, especially since somebody said he's lost a yard of pace since it. Discovered he underwent surgery in December, putting him out of the African Cup of Nations, but I haven't been able to find when he recovered.

Got the song sorted:

To the tune of Monster by The Automatic

repeat ad-naseum

:lol:

Very good Baz, that could work .. oh sorry i forgot our drummers can't play in tune :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.