BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How Do You Think Rovers Did In The Transfer Market Forum

I was just thinking and someone mentioned it earlier.......

I believe Hughes has an enormous amount of trust in the coaching that takes place at the club. He is also very shrewd with the money he spends and only spends if he feels there is a real need to add to the team/squad. He has gone on record before saying he will not buy anyone unless he is 100% sure they are right for the club.

I do think he has money to spend but he will only spend it on the right player and right quality.

Tugay is back and Nelsen is a month off from returning - Roberts/Mccarthy will only get better, Nonda has scored goals wherever he has been, Oiijer will get used to the Prem League, Neill turns out to be a solid left back, Pedersen gets his scoring boots back on and Steven Reid finally wakes up - keep the faith.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do expect Rovers to make a significant move in the market in January and that Dunn will be a Rover again if he proves himself this season.

If rumours are true, Birmingham rejected a bid from Rovers for Dunn on transfer deadline day. £2 million.

Should Brum have a poor season and with Dunn's contract coming to an end next June, Brum may be ready to cash in, come January.

If the rumour of a bid is true, then it's given Dunn, whose a regular visitor to Ewood, a clear signal of Hughes interest.

On another note than dunny (cant believe he is a topic on here)...

I didnt know that this guy was open for transfers. Would have prefered him to Andre O. I think a problem could be the wages though.

Kuffour

Maybe if Todd or Lucas goes in January.

Edited by brfcjon

I wouldn't, to be honest.. saw him quite a bit for Roma last season, he didn't impress much. Strong and physical, but not very good on the ball, and not particularly fast either. Ooijer will come good!

Must admit I havent seen for Roma at all! But for Bayern he was consistantly one of the top performers. As I remember him from the german days he was ectually very good on the ball and quite fast.

Oh, well... things change I guess=)

PS

I have if not high then good hopes for Ooijer. Really annoys me he is 32 though. Something with young players that allows you to dream of futere world class....

Edited by brfcjon

The striker situation is been addressed superbly by Hughes, I'm sure he has surpassed even the highest of expactations once Bellamy left.

However, bringing in Ooijer instead of a central midfielder will turn out to be a mistake, I'm sure of that. I never feel we look comfortable with a Reid/Savage combination and it can only be a matter of time before the pace of the Premiership becomes too much for Tugay. A deep-lying creative midfielder must be the main priority in January. It's a shame we didn't compete for Pedro Mendes last season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.