BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England Games

Yes, I begrudge McClaren the job. I've said since he was announced that his record did nothing to justify the choice. He isn't up to it. He was a good coach at Man Utd, but so was Brian Kidd. Forget the second goal - the Croats have forced half a dozen good saves from Robinson. We don't seem to have a clue which given the players we have is unforgiveable.

SGE was pilloried for not having a Plan B. Well at least we had a Plan A, which we no longer seem to have.

SGE was pilloried for not getting us past the quarter finals. Well at least we qualified every time.

And the last competitive time we were beaten by 2 goals was 1993 under the last turnip we had as manager.

A good manager makes all the difference. Look at Rovers. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I don't think you can say that of England

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McClaren is a knob get shut. Job should have gone to Martin o Neill !! This guy has been involved in a failed england setup under sven so why the FA so fit to offer him the job is beyond belief.

As said Kidd was a no.2 at utd and souey won a worthy cup which is macs only trophy as mgr at boro. We are in a right mess. Something must be done. Thankfully not seen the games but reading/listening to the reports is enough.

Yeh McClarens decision to drop Becks was all a show to say eh look at me I am changing english football for the future and went and included Phil Neville in his first squad. One step forward three back you numpty. The FA will not get shut so make alternative plans for the summer 08

Bring back David Beckham. There's no creativeity. He creates goals and scores goal get him back in the bloody team.

How predictable. When in doubt yearn for the tried. Beckham's history as far as England is concerned and that's how it should stay.

How predictable. When in doubt yearn for the tried. Beckham's history as far as England is concerned and that's how it should stay.

Beckham may well be history for England but he was dropped from the squad for one reason and one reason only, and it wasn't to do with football. Are you seriously saying to me that the likes of Kieran Richardson deserve a squad place more than Beckham?

I laugh at England. Always thinking their team is the best in the world when the fact is that they aint better than the results are showing. Eriksson did a good job, but still everyone was calling for his head. As England manager you just can not win..

I'm predicting a huge win for England - 3-0 or something similar - followed by heaps of praise for McClaren and grudging praise for Lampard.

Parker MOM.

I possess the predictive powers of Philipl...

Dont talk @#/? man. Look at the facts and not your own little brain . We score more goals with Beckham, we play better with Beckham. Beckham has been one of our highest assiters for more than 8 years. I think soemtimes alot of people not like Beckham and need to realise we need him to function.

I agree, he provided or scored most of our goals in the WC. He did nothing wrong other than Sven picking him when he could have been dropped (maybe)

I said we would regret sacking Sven, when his only mistake was to lose to Big Phil.

We might not qualify for this tournament.

Was Sven's first qualifcation away game 5-1 to Germany?

How things change

Again I did not see the game, and again judging by the reactions so far I'm glad I didn't. I'll reserve a proper grumble for when I've seen more.

I do believe that there is no place for a 3-5-2 formation in a very difficult away game. That style went out of favour about 10 years ago. McClaren needs to get out of Sven's shadow, and that is one way of doing it.

The calls for Beckham's recall are laughable. Whilst he is still a good footballer he is past it at international level. All he can do is cross it.

England have gone 6 consecutive games keeping a clean sheet (including two in the world cup). So after failing to score against Macedonia what do we do in probably our toughest fixture for a long while?

Change the defence from 4 at the back to 3. :blink:

And score, and take free kicks, and corners, and do amazing cross field balls.

But hey, I suppose we are moving forwards and not back (P.Neville)

here here

Buckyrover as you can see alot of people have more faces than a town clock. When Beckham was the best thing since sliced bread they licked him ass, now they dont want him and just because they let the media run there minds.

hahahahahaha yes your comments are bloody laughable. Past it your off your head man. If you knew something about football you'd agree with me.

Please. I'll have to have a look at your posts before making a judgement about your obvious footballing genius.

And score, and take free kicks, and corners, and do amazing cross field balls.

But hey, I suppose we are moving forwards and not back (P.Neville)

Beckham was the only person allowed to take any of the above when Sven was in charge (maybe a marketing plan by the FA). Every time England had a dead ball kick during the WC he was scarpering over to join in. Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Carrick, Hargreaves can all strike a good ball, are they so much worse than this new found boy wonder. At least Phil Neville doesn't get the same media attention that Beckham gets. I wonder why?

Beckham is not up to it for England, and hasn't been for a while now.

Beckham is not up to it for England, and hasn't been for a while now.

I disagree. He is more up to it than a number of individuals in the squad. And that's where he should be - in the squad. He perhaps is no longer a first choice, but I think you would have to be completely blinkered to suggest he wouldn't do a better all round job coming on than Kieran Richardson or Phil Neville. It is pure bloody-mindedness on the part of McClaren. Instead of focussing on his big-man act of chopping Beckham and how much the WAG's distracted the players, he should have focussed on some bloody tactics. Presumably the WAG's weren't in Croatia, so what's next to blame - the players having mobile phones?

Beckham should have gone after Euro 2004. He didn't and hung on until he gracefully resigned before McClaren pushed him 2 years later. I still think he is a good player, I would love to see him in a Rovers shirt as Tugay's replacement, but as far as England goes he is the pin up of an old regime, bringing him back in would only destabilise McClaren's authority. The England boss wanted to make his mark and craft his own team and Beckham was the fall guy.

Absolute cr@p all over the park, John Terry is supposed to be our best central defender and his positioning for the first goal was amateurish. Ferdinand was again god awful just like he's been for Utd over the past 12 months.

Clueless all over the park and the manager has to take the blame, out of his depth.

What the hell are sky thinking paying David Platt to add his 'expert' comments? Another clueless Muppet robbing a living.

:angry::angry:

How anybody can say beckham shouldn't be in the squad at a minimum now is beyond me.

Beckham creates at least 5 chances a game, today we managed 2 crosses into the box in the first 85mins and then only looked anything like dangerous in the last 5mins.

Set Pieces are awful from both left and right sided players, they may improve when joe cole is back but i don't think gerrard is the answer to the current right side problem.

Lampard looks totally outclassed by even the macedonians, i know he is just out of form but he isn't doing it so drop him! As for Gary Neville, why bother!

I didn't want McClaren in charge and he has not done anything since taking over to convince me that he deserves a penny of his salary. Not a crisis but if stays in charge to much longer it may be! :rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.