Austrian Airlines Group

Edinburgh:

Austrian Airlines Group

BMI

Lufthansa

Belfast: (Honest)

Austrian Airlines Group

Others:

Luton, Gatwick, Heathrow & Stansted. (Note Ryan Air put their prices up on & around that day Sharpish!)

As I work for the Co operative Group in Manchester I'll be asking Travelcare what they are doing about it on Tuesday, I'll keep you posted. at least 2 of us are going from our part of the BE.

Another options seems to be to Munich (MUC) and easy drive down, Seems that Flights to Munich are more available & cheaper!

Edited by daveoftherovers

Have checked out the driving option.

Ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge 200 quid plus car and 4 passengers

623 miles to Salzburg up the a3 motorroute

hotel 9 euros per night

Looking like a good Thursday night session after the game, long drive the day after then a late ferry back to blighty saturday morning

2 places available from Leyland for any one interested

£479 for a 1 nighter with the club presumably with Free Champagne, lapdancers and an exec box thrown in.

£479 for 1 NIGHT.. They must be having a laugh. Or they really dont want fans on their Executive option.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 31 2006, 13:08 ) 440929[/snapback]

£479 for 1 NIGHT.. They must be having a laugh. Or they really dont want fans on their Executive option.

That's no executive option, that's the only option. The coach option is awful, it's similar to the Lyon trip a few years ago except we stayed over in Lyon the night before that game, which helped but the travelling was terrible.

The cheapest I can find to do it is fly Manchester to Munich on Thursday AM, train to Salzburg stay over night thursday after the match in Munich or Salzburg. Fly back from Munich to Manchester Friday morning. Cost on lastminute.com and expedia was about £180-£200 return on the flights, £60 for a good 4* hotel and £40-£50 for return train tickets. But then you have food, beer and match tickets on top. Still cheaper than Rovers though.

email me your full name and mobile number and I'll give you a call.

/quote]

neil, count me in too............... any details on a trave option with a one night stay would be a result. I called your office today and they told me that nothing had yet been arranged. Fancy the one dayer but would like to get leathered too!!

Keep me posted

I've just booked to go Wed night, going from East Mids to Berlin.

Then on Thursday morning, Berlin to Salzburg.

Back via Munich, Stanstead & Blackpool.

£160, nice.

THATS SOME TRIP-----------YOU DOING IT FOR CHARITY?!!

LIKE THE PRICE THOUGH.

GOOD LUCK

We have just booked Manchester - Munich wed 13th , return Friday 15th very late to manchester.

2 nights in salzburg 3 star hotel, all for £310 in.

Flights were £219 with bmi, hotel £45 per night.

Cant wait!! :brfc:

£479 for a 1 nighter with the club presumably with Free Champagne, lapdancers and an exec box thrown in.

£140 for a coach trip for those on a budget.

Apart from guaranteeing a match ticket I cannot see the sense in the price of the top option.

I was waiting to see what the club were going to come up with. But 479 is ridiculous.

1 place available

car to hull wednesday afternnon for the ferry to zeebrugge.

thursday arrive beligum 0800 then drive to Austria for he game stay overnight

friday morning drive to zeebrugge for return ferry arrive hull 0800hrs saturday

average cost will be approx 160-180 from Leyland

pm me asap

You get the 'privilege' of sitting next to club officials and players who look at you like something on the bottom of their expensive shoes.

700 tickets....... dont forget clubs officials and corporate buffoons will deduct from that total!!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

You get the 'privilege' of sitting next to club officials and players who look at you like something on the bottom of their expensive shoes.

I travelled with the club on the trip to Sofia and in fairness a few of the players made the effort (or were prompted) to spend time talking to the fans. The press also travelled with us and I didn't feel belittled by anyone on the flight.

I wouldn't pay £479 for night, but I am sure the club are not making any profit from this. With only a few hundred potential travelling fans and not guaranteed to travel with the club, they can't have ever had the thought of making profit. I imagine the extra capacity on the plane is offered for fans to recoup some of the massive expensives they will face ingetting the players and staff to Austria.

I was waiting to see what the club were going to come up with. But 479 is ridiculous.

I was also waiting to see what the club came up ... I've been impressed with the organisation on their previous trips ... but can't justify £479 for one night with the potential for further European games ( :blink: ) on the horizon, so it's the day trip for me. My one nagging doubt is ticket availability. The last time we played abroad in a city as accessible as Saltzburg was the trip to Lyon in '98. That night there were 1004 fans in the away end. :huh:

I was also waiting to see what the club came up ... I've been impressed with the organisation on their previous trips ... but can't justify £479 for one night with the potential for further European games ( :blink: ) on the horizon, so it's the day trip for me. My one nagging doubt is ticket availability. The last time we played abroad in a city as accessible as Saltzburg was the trip to Lyon in '98. That night there were 1004 fans in the away end. :huh:

You do know that £479 is the ordinary trip, it's £579 for the VIP package!!! (they sent me an email!)

Still not going

We have just booked Manchester - Munich wed 13th , return Friday 15th very late to manchester.

2 nights in salzburg 3 star hotel, all for £310 in.

Flights were £219 with bmi, hotel £45 per night.

Cant wait!! :brfc:

DUDE what time you into munich?

Also (i'm gonna sound stupid here but ah well) on the ticket application form in the account number box - do they want your bank account number or your season ticket account number? Your help is greatly appreciated.

It's for your season ticket, so its your own account number with the club.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.