BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Views On Kuqi

I'd have to say that I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw we'd sold him for 2.5m. I don't know if you are aware, but we bought a proven Champions League striker in Benni McCarthy for just 200k more. Let's not forget also that we signed him on a free.

Kuqi did a job for us and we will be thankful for his efforts. He is a good impact sub, but offers little as a starter. His control is poor and his shooting isn't great, but i think he will score goals in the Championship due to his physical presence.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuqi wasn't really good enough for a side near the top of the premiership, but he was very useful last season and made a good contribution to the team, a fair few goals and I thought he improved towards the end of the season, not his touch but his all round play. He was very useful coming on in the last half hour of games and shaking things up. Sounded like a good number of people would have liked him to come on in the game against Chelsea. I'm a little sorry to see him go but 2 1/2 mil is a great price. Having said that he will do very well for Palace so he may well be worth it to them.

I must say that I think that Rovers have gotten the better end of the deal. I wasn't happy when we signed him. He has the touch of a brick wall and has little or nor football awareness. However, Kuqi's commitment and effort are never in question. He really gives everything he has and he scored some important goals for us, however sadly he really isn't good enough for the Premiership. He'll do well in the Championship and he'll score goals that could get Palace out of the division.

We have signed him for 2.5million and i was wondering how you lot rated him.

I think he will score goals but maybe a bit over priced.

Cheers

:lol: 'A bit over-priced'.

You've been robbed blind I'm afraid. Kuqi is a donkey of the old school. He runs about a lot without accomplishing very much. He has no skill or touch to speak of and lacks the composure to be truly clinical in front of goal.

However, he is totally comitted. He is also a proper professional who doesn't whine, kick up a fuss or talk sh*te.

He's scored 20 goals in the Championship in the past, might well do it again. Like people have already said, his control is quite awful, but his physical presence alone can cause a lot of trouble. He'll never give up, and he has a great scoring celebration ;)

£2.5m is too much, but then again you got a great deal for AJ so I suppose there's money to spend.

No there all Journeymen, who have found their level in the fizzy pop league.

Kennedy has had more clubs then Jordans had cock.

What? Jordan on this messageboard?? :huh:

Didn`t think he was like that....... :unsure:

From the BBC:

Shefki Kuqi's move from Blackburn to Crystal Palace nearly fell through after his registration forms were accidentally faxed through to a chip shop rather than the Football League, as the numbers were similar (People).

Given it was the Football League who were being written to, it must have been Palace faxing the chippy.

Anyone know how the big man did this week-end?

Quotes from a Palace board:

I thought Kuqi looks very average. Far too overpriced

Kuqi, i thought he was very enthusiastic like chasing everything etc...he didnt today and was beaten when in posession very easy. im gonna need a lot of convincing.

Kuqi looks like he is very overpriced. Spent most of the time offside and did not really move about much. Probably down to fitness so will not write him off yet.

kuqi was the worst player ive seen in a palace shirt for a while.

Outlooks bleak NO PACE!!!

Kuqi was poor, but I will give him a few weeks to get match fit before judging him

Kuqi - 4 Woeful - hope its lack of match fitness

First impressions of Kuqi was that he was a poor mans Scowcroft.

Kuqi didn't look sharp enough to be starting the game. Though he did show some signs of being able to hold the ball up. Perhaps tried to be a little too clever and intricate.

kuqi 2 cant think of anything kind too say about him,hope its just fitness,makes macken look like aj

Given it was the Football League who were being written to, it must have been Palace faxing the chippy.

The article in the People says it was Rovers who faxed the chippy. That could have been a very expensive mistake.

The error with the fax might be why we didn't hear about the transfer for some hours, not around midnight like other transfers on deadline day.

Personally, while not disagreeing with the comments on his touch and pace, I think many are ignoring his strengths. On the rare occasions when he did have the ball under control, he was hard to shake off e.g. WHU and WBA goals. But his biggest strength was the flick-on header, of which he was the best I have seen at Ewood since Duncan McKenzie. Something Bellamy profited from for several of his goals.

Don't know if anyone else has picked this up and mentioned it elsewhere from the BBC's football rumour page;

"Shefki Kuqi's move from Blackburn to Crystal Palace nearly fell through after his registration forms were accidentally faxed through to a chip shop rather than the Football League, as the numbers were similar (People)."

:lol:

:wstu:

You didn't even try did you?

Back to the "debate", Palace are in the Football League so they are responsible for sending the registration papers. Could be the Rovers offered to help out and sent the papers to Lytham St Annes themselves. ;)

Edited by philipl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.