BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Views On Kuqi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. But if we had Kuqi on the bench, he would've made a much bigger impression than almost any of our strikers. I'm not saying it wasn't a good deal, £2,5m is a hell of a lot for a striker with his qualities - but I still think he's one of many good signings made by Mark Hughes.

Not to mention his goal celebrations.

No. But if we had Kuqi on the bench, he would've made a much bigger impression than almost any of our strikers. I'm not saying it wasn't a good deal, £2,5m is a hell of a lot for a striker with his qualities - but I still think he's one of many good signings made by Mark Hughes.

Not to mention his goal celebrations.

Certianly a fantastic signing!

Free. Scored a number of crucial goals. Cheap wages i'm sure. Sold for 2.5 million.

I'm not sure how that can be anything other than fantastic value. As for the Nonda/kuqi debate clearly Nonda is the better all round footballer, but he seems to lack the Finn's energy, enthusiasm and ability to physically pressure (scare?!) the opponents defence. Maybe Hughes could show Chris some videos of Shefki's work ethic?

Kuqi did his best for us. He became a cult figure but was a very limited player.

We sold him for £2.5 million, which is what we paid for Benni.

I wish him good luck-as I do to Stead, another player who is not obviously a Premiership striker. We got far more for both of them than we could have expected. There are still question marks about Benni-but compared with some other strikers who were recruited for far higher fees, he is scoring a lot more goals.

think everyone misses watching kuqi, the only reason we sold our super sub was because of the very generous offer, i also miss jansen and of course stead think he will come good. jansen was still a better player than jeffers when he left rovers think he scored 2 aswel in 4 games that season.

Benni or Shefki - it's not a difficult choice really.

I agree with Joey, Nonda is the far superior player, but the sheer size and work ethic of Shefki is missed, especially off the bench.

Yes - but for injuries we would have had Roberts coming off the bench - who can do a similar job but has more pace and can actually occasionally trap the ball. I wish Kuqi all the best at Palace - but it was one of the best pieces of transfer business ever done by Sparky - only just behind signing Nelsen - which must merit alongside Friedal is one of the best free transfers ever.

For the record, I think Shefki will be missed far less when Jason Roberts gets back to fitness.

I'll never forget that game against the Baggies last year when Shefki came off the bench to replace the injured Bellamy early in the game, scoring both goals in a 2-0 win. Remember when he barged Dickov off the ball to score the second when they both broke through? Classic.

Just goes to show that a big work ethic (and you couln't fault Kuqi or Dickov on that front) and a bit of physical presence can get you a long way against the cloggers of the Premiership.

think everyone misses watching kuqi, the only reason we sold our super sub was because of the very generous offer, i also miss jansen and of course stead think he will come good. jansen was still a better player than jeffers when he left rovers think he scored 2 aswel in 4 games that season.

talking of matty jansen, is he still on a free or has he been signed up by another club?

last i heard he was training with different teams.

Rhetorical question . If Kuqi had been partnering McCarthy up front this season ....would he have done better and scored more than Nonda ?

I can tell you this, that ball would never have gone out for a Charlton throw, and when he was dispossesed he did not give up the ghost. Clumsy oaf though.

Rhetorical question . If Kuqi had been partnering McCarthy up front this season ....would he have done better and scored more than Nonda ?

Phil, I think that when the deal was being dragged through, Hughes would have thought.... If I sell Shefki, then I need a good target man to replace him and he knew he had Jason Roberts. Of course we haven't seen much of Jason, but hopefully all will fall into place when he returns from injury.

Selling Shefki was an easy option and possibly at this time can be missed, but as someone said "he couldn't trap a bag of sand." At most times I thought his 1st touch was woeful and he would have been safer letting the ball run for a goal-kick or indeed a throw in.

If we want to progress then we've done the right thing in selling him and we won't forget the goals he had scored for us!!

My view on big Shefki???

C'mon back BIG BOY, we were just kidding! :(

I want it duly noted that I was against letting him go

from the begining. Heck, a blind man on a galloping horse

(now where did I read that before ??) could see that

Kuqi' effort was the cure-all for Saturday's ills?

It's unfortunate that our illusions of 'Champagne Rovers'

have evaporated and we are left to rue Kuqi's and Dickov's

graft up front.

Anyway, perhaps too much melodrama-- it does take time to

adjust to the Premiership, Bennie hasn't been complete sh*te.

I was against letting him go but 2.5 million is great for him but UNFORTUNATELY we didnt use the money to sign a proper player.

Nonda hasnt impressed me at all and I was surprised that some people here were hailing him as a good player just a couple of weeks ago.

Like I said he isnt 1/10th the player he was before his injury. Take pace away from a player who relied on it and he is nothing anymore.

It's unfortunate that our illusions of 'Champagne Rovers'

have evaporated and we are left to rue Kuqi's and Dickov's

graft up front.

That would be Dickov of Manchester City reserves and Kuqi of the Crystal Palace substitues bench, yes?

We're not rueing anything, we're well rid of those two. People are very correct in saying that if our current players put in the effort of those two we wouldn't be in this mess. However, that is because our current players actually have talent, they just need to add hard work to it. Kuqi and Dickov are relatively useless, they can run around as much as they want but it wouldn't do any good. Hell, I could go on the pitch and try my hardest for 90 minutes, wouldn't win us many matches though.

Edited by LeChuck

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.