BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Getting Broadband

Does anyone have any experiences (either first or second hand) of Sky Broadband? I've checked on their website and it appears it's available in my area, the £10 a month deal for unlimited 16meg connection seems a little too good to be true. Is it?

Edit: Also, in addition to this, does anyone know what the cheapest line available through BT (or other company) is that can support broadband? Their website is very vague when it comes to phone lines now, everything seems to be about broadband packages...and I don't fully trust them to give me the cheapest over the phone.

Edited by LeChuck

Does anyone have any experiences (either first or second hand) of Sky Broadband? I've checked on their website and it appears it's available in my area, the £10 a month deal for unlimited 16meg connection seems a little too good to be true. Is it?

Edit: Also, in addition to this, does anyone know what the cheapest line available through BT (or other company) is that can support broadband? Their website is very vague when it comes to phone lines now, everything seems to be about broadband packages...and I don't fully trust them to give me the cheapest over the phone.

For user experience of Sky Broadband, check out these two forums:-

Digital Spy - Sy Broadband

ADSLGuide - Sky Broadband

Hmmm seems I qualify for that offer as well. What I'm not clear about is what happens to our e-mail addresses which are all @btinternet.com

It was a doddle to install, not sure about needing new email adresses though. You would probably be Paul.********@orangehome.co.uk.

Just send a note to those that matter and have a fresh start. As long as you spend more than thirty pounds a month on your contract it's free.

Id have to tell you to check with the bt checker or the adsl guide checker to see the maximium speed you can get and also if your exchange supports adsl2+ which is the connect that supports supports 8meg to 24meg connection.

Normal adsl only supports 512kb to 8meg.

So do a quick look into it before ordering because will be a waste off time if you cannot get it

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.