[Archived] Sheffield United 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

ihtd

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll batter this lot.

4-1 rovers on the up.

A brace for Roberts (first will be a one on one with the keeper, he will cut it across the keeper into the bottom left - the second a goal mouth scramble and tap in).

Benni will get a neat goal from just inside the box.

Brett Emerton with a howitzer - at pace - and it will tear the net from the posts.

Hulse with a long range header for them in the 43rd minute.

Put the house on it.

Well, now that I have my signed team shirt (gloat, gloat) I'm going to predict the scorers for Saturday will be the only two names I can make out of all the scribbles which are...

Benny McCarthy & Gamst...

So, I'll predict 3-0 to Rovers, Benny getting two and Gamst scoring a majestic-back-to-form goal!

COME ON ROVERS!!!!

:tu:

I'm having no joy on the away travel section of the messageboard. Does anyone know of an away-friendly pub near the ground?

TR, have a look in the Sheff Utd entry at this ground guide. SAS, that site reckons park at Meadowhall - right next to the M1 - and train or tram or bus it to Bramall Lane. Free to park and should be quick to get away from after the game. Suppose it depends on your route though - if you're travelling down the M1 to get to Sheffield it might be your best option.

Smacks of a no win situation here, proved by some of the easy win predictions on here. We win it's all well we should beat that shower, we lose and the we are going down crew will have their knives well and truly sharpened. As per usual I will offer no prediction other than I expect a hard fought Lancs-Yorks contest.

Exactly USABlue, no middle ground. Win and we're looking good for the Champions League, lose and it's the end of the century.

It'll be a tough game make no mistake, plenty of cards flying around in a bad tempered affair. Talking of affairs Neil Warnock will totally lose his head (44) and suggest a threesome with him, the fourth official and Mickey Gray. Hughesy, ever the professional, will ignore Warnocks blarney until he feels he can take no more and has to defend the honour and reputation of the fourth official. He knocks Warnock clean out, while still sat in his seat of course (56).

Rovers to sneak it 2-1. Nonda and MCCarthy. Brian Deane for them.

Edited by bob fleming

This will be my first game since Christmas 2003, been in Taiwan and this is the first time been back in England since. Can't wait for it, but it will probably be a tough hard game, hopefully though Tugay's return will make all the difference and give us that extra quality we've been missing.

Sheff Utd 1 - 2 Rovers

SU centre back scores from corner, McCarthy and Bentley for us

p.s. anyone going from Manc to this, I know some are catching the 10:18 train but that's a bit early for me

would love the chance to meet up with some other rovers, there don't seem to be any others in south Taiwan and i get surrounded by scouse fans, Canadians supporting Man U etc.

Smacks of a no win situation here, proved by some of the easy win predictions on here. We win it's all well we should beat that shower, we lose and the we are going down crew will have their knives well and truly sharpened. As per usual I will offer no prediction other than I expect a hard fought Lancs-Yorks contest.

If we lose, it would tend to suggest that we'll have an extremely hard season to put it mildly.

Although Sheff utd. played extremely well opening day v Liverpool.

0-0.

Seems like a few Rovers fans are going to make the journey over t'Pennines.

The pricing at £26 plus the student options, plus the lack of game last week plus it is the first really do-able away trip of this season should see a good turnout for the lads.

Lucky guess. Kids for a quid for t'home fans which should see a full house. Can't wait!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.