SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Return Of Henchoz

The Fly

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is nobody bothered about what Henchoz said when he left last time? He basically called Blackburn a dump if I remember rightly.

He only said what I was thinking, it is a dump. Then again he moved to Liverpool and then Wigan, so hardly went and did anything about it.

Is nobody bothered about what Henchoz said when he left last time? He basically called Blackburn a dump if I remember rightly. Now he expects the people from the dump to shell out for his luxury lifestyle again. Are we mugs or what?

No. It is a dump. And yes we are. :)

My initial reaction is a concern over the actual injury situation with Nelsen!

Spot on MI Rover, exactly what I was thinking. Suspect we won't see the Admiral this side of Christmas and with every chance of one (or more) of our centre backs missing a few games cos of bans/injuries, seems a sensible precaution.

Spot on MI Rover, exactly what I was thinking. Suspect we won't see the Admiral this side of Christmas and with every chance of one (or more) of our centre backs missing a few games cos of bans/injuries, seems a sensible precaution.

Hughes said "several weeks" onthe official site so hopefully won't be too long

Henchoz is interesting, didn't see much of him last season, a bit concerned about why Wigan let him go though

Edited by Blueandwhitemike

I think its a disgrace....Where's all the money gone...we should have been in for Huth or signed a youngster from lower league with potential.

As far as I'm concerned we're going backwards...Todd and Lucas don't want to play for us, Nelsen is injured and we've gona and bought a player who can't run. This worries me a lot....More than ever before, a centra half in this league needs pace.

Jeez, even Wigan don't want him and from what I can see, they ain't overloaded with centre halfs....

:angry:

It's a disgwace!!!

Sounding like Woy there, Sparky Marky

It's cover, pure and simple. Huth is over rated and was overpriced, I would not have been happy if we'd spent 6 million on him. We need cover whilst Nelsen is out. Hencoz is an experienced international and will benfit the team. we might not need him a lot but he's there if required.

Looks like Sparky Marky has been on the morbid juice. Henchoz is a capable back up, Huth cost too much money. I think it's a good signing. I do think it's funny that some are trying to have a go at him because he said that Blackburn was a dump. The bloke comes from Switzerland, a nice place, Blackburn is in the wet windy grey North West of England; he's right. But drive 10 miles out and you have some beautiful places.

Henchoz is interesting, didn't see much of him last season, a bit concerned about why Wigan let him go though

Because he's miles past his "best" if that's what you can call it.

What an awful signing. Never rated him, was part of one of our worst ever central defensive partnerships when he was here and helped get us relegated.

Was carried for many seasons by the majestic Hypia at Liverpool and then as his form deteriorated even further was farmed out to Wigan and it seems now even they didn't want him.

I'd rather keep Matteo and that's saying something. Hope to god Todd and Zurab stay fit otherwise it's Championship here we come with Henchoz and our untested Dutchman at the back, 64 years young.

What a farce after finishing 6th last year. :angry:

I think he did a very good job last time he played for us, and my Liverpool friends speaks great of him. I know he's probably not the player he used to be, but at 32 I think he still can do a good job.

Hope he gets a great reception in his first match at Ewood!

Edited by Daje

What an awful signing. Never rated him, was part of one of our worst ever central defensive partnerships when he was here and helped get us relegated.

Was carried for many seasons by the majestic Hypia at Liverpool and then as his form deteriorated even further was farmed out to Wigan and it seems now even they didn't want him.

I'd rather keep Matteo and that's saying something. Hope to god Todd and Zurab stay fit otherwise it's Championship here we come with Henchoz and our untested Dutchman at the back, 64 years young.

don't hold back! tell us what you really think!

we don't exactly have a lot of choice. we can only sign players who are out of contract. and we didnt know the extent of admirals injury before the end of the transfer deadline - otherwise I'm sure we would have had someone else...

i don't see that hughes had a great deal of choice.

IPB Image

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.