SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Return Of Henchoz

The Fly

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think that it is a good signing. FREE!! Where can you find a DC that have preimership experience now with free? Todd is too arrogant, Neill want to go, Nelsen injured. Ooijer Needs time to "fit" into english defence system... Of course he is not the best, but at least we have less chance to get more partnership like todd and neill, and I think his playing won't worser than them (as todd / neill partnership is already very bad :lol: )

I can't believe there are people on here saying Blackburn isn't a dump.

In fact it's a rancid hell hole.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I was there at night though, which might explain why I didn't see it in it's full glory.

As for Henchoz, I don't think that it is a bad signing. I thought he played well for Wigan last season and was surprised when they let him go. Henchoz will just provide cover incase of injuries. With Nelsen out and Todd seemingly not happy, we only have Ooijer and Zurab left. There is Matteo, but we aren't that desperate. With the amount of games we will play this season, we need as much cover as possible and with our defence being as 'robust' as it is, we are sure to pick up bookings, so we'll need plenty of cover, which Henchoz offers us.

It's strange how people love to hold a grudge against a departing player, for no reason at all.

Henchoz said part way through the relegation season that he was suprised there weren't any language schools around Blackburn, and that the weather wasn't nice. The guy was right on both accounts. Switzerland is full of language schools, and you tend to get snow in winter and sun in summer. So he was right there too. (I could list many things wrong with this strange place but that would take me all day)

After this comment the tabloids lapped it up and he was public enemy #1 for Blackburn for all of 10 mins until he put up another excellent defensive display. Such were his performances that season, including a memorable moment outpacing Michael Owen at Anfield, that Houlier decided to sign him for £4m in the summer. His tears after the ManUre game (sorry to bring that up) i do remember.

All in all bit of a nothing signing, but like Andy C said, we have no choice. Certainly nothing to get wound up about.

Such were his performances that season

When he and Darren Peacock played together in the middle, you could get a double decker bus down the centre of our defence -sideways- and it wasn't all Lorenzo Amoruso mark one's fault.

As for whether the town of Blackburn is or isn't a dump, that's not really the point. When you're lucky enough to be receiving 12k per week (back then) from the club and have the option of living in Manchester, Cheshire or the Ribble Valley AND things are going pear shaped on the pitch you really should have more sense than to make disparaging remarks in a foreign publication.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Never liked the guy because I never saw him once acknowledge the supporters either at home or away. He was always the first down the tunnel and it left a sour taste in the mouth.

But I’d rather have him than someone who refused to wear the shirt and throws his toys out of the pram every time he's dropped.

Never liked the guy because I never saw him once acknowledge the supporters either at home or away. He was always the first down the tunnel and it left a sour taste in the mouth.

But I’d rather have him than someone who refused to wear the shirt and throws his toys out of the pram every time he's dropped.

double standards, to support your argument! ? :D

Edited by pleasure

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.