SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Return Of Henchoz

The Fly

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a player who ain't improving the team at all in my opinion. I thought it was embarrassing when we signed him and I was sure he wouldn't get much playing time. Now it seems Hughes thinks he is good enough to hold down a regual place in our starting XI, and that really is sad.

I just hope Samba can show some quality and Nelsen to stay fit, because I do not want to see Henchoz playing 20-30 games a season for us!

He's a player who ain't improving the team at all in my opinion. I thought it was embarrassing when we signed him and I was sure he wouldn't get much playing time. Now it seems Hughes thinks he is good enough to hold down a regual place in our starting XI, and that really is sad.

I just hope Samba can show some quality and Nelsen to stay fit, because I do not want to see Henchoz playing 20-30 games a season for us!

Henchoz hasn't stepped a foot wrong since he's been back in the team that i can remember so he hasnt given any reason to drop him. If someone plays well, they should keep their place in the team (see Derbyshire!)

I highly doubt that he will play a major part in the first team next season, but he has showed that he can be depended on when called into the team so he deserves this extension in my opinion. I

Its not like hughes signed him to be first choice, but injuries have dictated that he got his chance and he's grabbed it with both hands!

Henchoz has done nothing wrong, i am glad we have signed him on for a further season

He provides decent cover for the centre half position, nothing more, nothing less. If everyone is fit he's probably the last centre half to get picked (depending on how good this Samba lad is). Assuming it's not a large contract, I can accept this move by Hughes. I'd much rather have an experienced international back there than a kid from our underachieving academy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.