BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers And Refs

philipl

I don't know that Rovers are "knowingly" singled out. I think our "bully boy" rep, along with some players historys, precedes us and refs tend to assume certain things and be a tad bit quick to pull us up.

What is abundantly clear to me though is that there IS a clear favouritism toward the upper echelon teams. I watch many Manu, Chelski, Arse and L'pool games. In these I see game after game after game and I notice incidents that those teams players get away with that one just knows we would have been jacked up for.

It's sickening, it spoils the game in general do those money bags teams with the large talented squads really need anymore help.

May as well put this in here then if we're talking about "bully boy" reputations, how referees see us and how other fans see us. Remember all that garbage that was written about us not last season but the season before by the press? Yes of course you do. Well it's clearly stuck.

Reading vs Manchester City last night. Dabo elbows Sidwell in the head when challenging for the ball and is (harshly) sent off. Reading fans pipe up "Are you Blackburn in disguise?".

I couldn't beleive my own ears at first, re-wound it using Sky+, it was difinitely that they were singing. The cheeky mock cockney beggers! Wait until they come to Ewood we'll set Bentley and Gamst on 'em.

May as well put this in here then if we're talking about "bully boy" reputations, how referees see us and how other fans see us. Remember all that garbage that was written about us not last season but the season before by the press? Yes of course you do. Well it's clearly stuck.

Reading vs Manchester City last night. Dabo elbows Sidwell in the head when challenging for the ball and is (harshly) sent off. Reading fans pipe up "Are you Blackburn in disguise?".

I couldn't beleive my own ears at first, re-wound it using Sky+, it was difinitely that they were singing. The cheeky mock cockney beggers! Wait until they come to Ewood we'll set Bentley and Gamst on 'em.

I heard that too. Couldn't believe it, cheeky gits. Funny thing was that I thought they are actually quite a physical team as well.

Biddy, Bob, I watched the game too and I was absolutely sure it was "are you thatcher in disguise" which would make more sense to be honest.

Don't think so Ricky, I even re-wound it to double check. Could be wrong, but the bread knife also heard it as "Blackburn". As Biddy said it could be that paranoia thing again though, it's all around you know (and closing in).

"Blackburn" / "Thatcher" (doesn't even sound similar) maybe a reference to Margaret Thatcher - Honourary Vice President Something Or Other of Blackburn Rovers? They know how to twist the knife that Reading lot.

Don't think so Ricky, I even re-wound it to double check. Could be wrong, but the bread knife also heard it as "Blackburn". As Biddy said it could be that paranoia thing again though, it's all around you know (and closing in).

"Blackburn" / "Thatcher" (doesn't even sound similar) maybe a reference to Margaret Thatcher - Honourary Vice President Something Or Other of Blackburn Rovers? They know how to twist the knife that Reading lot.

Funny thing, d'you recall that TEXAS song where the lyric, I eventually found out was "I've opened the door etc", I always thought it said, "I think I'm infertile", Freudian or what!

Funny thing, d'you recall that TEXAS song where the lyric, I eventually found out was "I've opened the door etc", I always thought it said, "I think I'm infertile", Freudian or what!

Well if you haven't got a hearing deficiency, that can only be down to the superb singing voices and diction of your present day singers! :lol:

Or maybe your hi-fi is low-fi?

Edited by Fife Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.