SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match review: Rovers 4 Man City 2

rover6

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....I always bloody get this wrong but 2-0 Rovers!

This is 1 of the 2 games any Rovers fan living in Manc wants to win. Best feeling in the world (despite the obvious) getting one over on them. Lets hope the alluring Ben Thatcher is in view of it too.

apart from all that we need 3 points!! I have a feeling Nonda will do something for us in this game.

Edited by starscascade

Not wantimg to tempt fate, but this is coming on the back of a European game and I can't off the top of my head remember us winning or drawing the following league game before - anybody know? (Sorry , I'm being lazy here)

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

I say, formation for the next match should be:

Friedel (gk)

Neill (lb)

Emerton (rb)

Henchoz (cb) - no to Ooijer till he stops making risky challenges on forwards of other teams in the box

Zurab (cb)

Peter (mfl)

Bentley (mfr)

Savage (cmf)

Gamst (cmf)

Garner (cf) - he's had some very impressive performances of late, and as Jeffers is suspended and Roberts injured then why not.

Benni (cf)

Subs: Brown, Olsson (also looked good in reserves), Tugay, Reid and Derbyshire.

I say, formation for the next match should be:

Friedel (gk)

Neill (lb)

Emerton (rb)

Henchoz (cb) - no to Ooijer till he stops making risky challenges on forwards of other teams in the box

Zurab (cb)

Peter (mfl)

Bentley (mfr)

Savage (cmf)

Gamst (cmf)

Garner (cf) - he's had some very impressive performances of late, and as Jeffers is suspended and Roberts injured then why not.

Benni (cf)

Subs: Brown, Olsson (also looked good in reserves), Tugay, Reid and Derbyshire.

No Nonda? No Todd? MGP in the middle?

I'd go:

Friedel - Neill, Todd, Zurab, Emerton - Peter, Savage, Tugay, Bentley - Nonda, McCarthy.

I wouldnt play Todd because he's been pants and has also let down the team in the media, notice how Sparky has not played him once since Ooijer arrived...

Gamst is still a good player although i would give him a game on midfielder center left as he doesnt seem to enjoy going back and forth on the wing.

As for Nonda, if i was a teams manager and i saw a promising youngster in the youth i would always give him a chance.

Besides Sparky gave Johnson a few games early last season so why not Garner? He's shown he's good in the acadamy and reserves so why not give him a chance...

RTM are you about 11 years old?

You are nuts, we get a loan signing in (somebody who has played in the CL final) and you want us to replace him with somebody from the youth team, who has never played a PL game before.

Do you not think that might upset Nonda?

Sorry for being blunt. I don't think you are nuts. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

:tu:

Rovers 2 City 1

Joe Garner with our goals and Joe Royle for The Citizens in front of 21,423. They'll be five penalities and 3 sendings off. Pearce and Hughes will have a fight. The City keeper will punch "our" drummer when he tries to put him off when he takes a goal kick. The City keeper will get the biggest cheer of the day. It'll be quite sunny but a few will remark that it's starting to get a bit nippy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.