SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salzburg 2 Rovers 2

den

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the handling of this situation is Hughes' first big mistake. We should have snapped Liverpool's hand off for £2 million, bought ourselves a decent left back (or taken Warnock as part of the deal) and given Emerton an extended run at right back. We'd have ourselves an equally capable back line, except they'd all be happy to be at the club. And no-one would be getting special treatment.

Benitez only wanted a cash deal and would not agree to their player also coming to us.

As one who thought Neill had a better season last year but that he does not really understand how to tackle, I am watching with interest how the situation unfolds.

Benitez only wanted a cash deal and would not agree to their player also coming to us.

As one who thought Neill had a better season last year but that he does not really understand how to tackle, I am watching with interest how the situation unfolds.

on a happier note.... Just watching it now..., The guys in the stands are doing us proud. Making lots and lots of noice. GOOD `GOING GUYS: Up the rovers

Rovers are not playng well so far. Sloppy defending and bad passing.... Oh, and what the heck happened at their first goal. awful defending

Edited by brfcjon

I'm sure we'd all have settled for 2-2 before the game but without wishing to state the bleedin' obvious it's extremely disappointing not to win once you get to 2-1 up with a couple of minutes to go.

Still, nothing worse than a 1-1 draw in 2 weeks time will still see us through. :tu:

I said I don't want a player as Captain that WANTS to leave. Obviously Liverpool will wait till the summer now, I'm sure lucas will be able to wait, even though he was very dissappointed at not moving a few weeks ago. Don't you remember the Millwall fan telling us when he joined that he is Billy Big Balls? Thinks he is better than he is?

Show me where he said that? He wants to look at all of his options, he never said he's definitely going to leave. He said that Hughes wanted him to stay and that he was happy staying.

If we'd have equalised in the 92nd minute, we would have been ecstatic.

My thoughts exactly on the strange Zen Buddism that effect us. If we had been 2-0 down after 85 minutes and ended up with the same final score there would have been lots of whoophee.

As it is: it's annoying, but no need to start tying the noose to the bannisters just yet.

First it was the agent, and when did he say he wasn't going to be signing a new contract at all? He likely was talking about the here and now (this summer) and waiting for the options that are available next summer. Maybe we'll be the best option available...

And what a better way to show him how much he's wanted and valued than by making him captain.

Edited by American

If it were false then Neill would have lambasted his agent and stated so. "he just feels it is time for a change." - that sounds pretty final.

I'm pretty sure Liverpool will still be interested in a player they were willing to pay £2 million for when he's available for nothing.

If it were false then Neill would have lambasted his agent and stated so. "he just feels it is time for a change." - that sounds pretty final.

I'm pretty sure Liverpool will still be interested in a player they were willing to pay £2 million for when he's available for nothing.

Que serra serra, what will be, will be.

There's sod all the club can do about that.

Maybe they will, maybe they wont.

The number of times players do the opposite of a public statement is entertaining.

Sadly its a negotiating tool, nothing more.

Neill can't really expect anything more or less until he shows his commitment to the club by signing a new contract.

He's not done anything wrong though, has he Rev? He hasn't refused a move, thereby denying rovers a fee, unlike some others. He's perfectly entitled to move on if he wants.

He's not done anything wrong though, has he Rev? He hasn't refused a move, thereby denying rovers a fee, unlike some others. He's perfectly entitled to move on if he wants.

Yes he has, he's refused to sign a new contract thereby denying us a realistic fee now, or anything at all in 12 months time.

His prerogative entirely, but why should the fans be behind it?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Yes he has, he's refused to sign a new contract thereby denying us a realistic fee now, or anything at all in 12 months time.

We turned down £2m 2 weeks ago. How much do you value him at Rev? I seem to remember that he's not exactly your favourite player? :ph34r:

ps, nifty edit Rev. :D

Neill can't really expect anything more or less until he shows his commitment to the club by signing a new contract.

I know what you mean RB, but is a large section of the Rovers support constantly making derogatory remarks about him the best way to persude him to sign a new contract?

I know what you mean RB, but is a large section of the Rovers support constantly making derogatory remarks about him the best way to persude him to sign a new contract?

Maybe not but if he is being realistic he can\t expect anything else.

Portsmouth apart I don't think he's been too bad this season but I think he's even less naturally suited to LB than RB.

In the absence of Nelsen I'd personally go with Emerton Neill Todd Gray.

PS Sorry for straying miles off topic.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Neill seems to be a good example of the strange world of "cat & mouse" finances of football economics post-Bosmann. The closer he gets to the end of his contract than the less he is worth to Rovers. The corollary is that he is then worth more to the buying club (Liverpool) who will reward him more in wages. Or screw him when he gets to the end of his contract and no other club shows any interest in him.

So, how was the Salzberg game for you?

Edited by colin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.