BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salzburg 2 Rovers 2

den

Forty odd years playing and watching, yet I still don't understand the game !

the 40 years thing is neither here nor there.

exibit A----

i remember coming out of ewood in 92/93- we'd just been beaten by palace 2-1 (again), and an old fella was raging next to me. he said ''i've been watching rovers for FIFTY years. that dalglish will do nothing for the club, i'd rather see a monkey with it's scull crushed in managing rovers!''

is he an authority ?

exibit B--- coming out of bramall lane on saturday. 2 senior gentlemen discussing rovers.

''i think hughes has lost the dressing room. it's going to be a long hard season. pedersen played them on his own.''

do you see my point ?

Edited by pleasure

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more importantly - check out the athletic types here

http://www.redbullsalzburg-board.com/board...cmd=si&img=1806

and even more importantly why is Zurab playing in the fans friendly, why has got a ball stuck to the back of his head and why did we concede 10 goals if he was playing? (it must have Ooijers fault) :huh:

You can find pictures from the game here: http://www.redbullsalzburg-board.com/board...y&cmd=sc&cat=71

Good games from the Rovers, bad from Salzburg. We are better than that what you saw yesterday. But you have the bigger chance to go further in UEFA Cup. :P

Max

Thanks Max for those great pics. Just one little observation: your rbsbbr.18 seems to show that Rovers have "borrowed" Ronaldo from Man. U. ( 1st Rovers player to left of the jumping Ooijer). :lol:

and even more importantly why is Zurab playing in the fans friendly, why has got a ball stuck to the back of his head and why did we concede 10 goals if he was playing? (it must have Ooijers fault) :huh:

Who's that putting in a very late tackle on the Bull?

Using a couple of cases of heresay to back you up is very weak.

as is you bringing up you've been playing and watching football for 40 years. i fail to see the relevance. ive family members who've played professionally and watched rovers for 60 years. so ????

on todd, i prefer to judge him by his performances on the pitch.

he's a great reader of the game, his positional play is excemplarary and his superb displays over the last 3 seasons alone warrant him being in the team.

Edited by pleasure

It's all to play for says Hughes

So says Hughes to what used to be the Lancashire Evening Telegraph (why is now brought out only in the morning?). However as it's European competition I think it's all over and we will go out. It's easier to think that way knowing Rovers and if we do go through then it'll be a nice surprise. If we don't then I can still shake my head from side to side and with a wry grin on my face mention that "I told you so didn't I"?

:rover:

i didnt see the game, but i'm now an authority on china's plans for the fed cup! :rolleyes:

it sounded as though we created several good chances, and that's encouraging, but we defended poorly.

for the good of blackburn rovers, differences should be put aside and todd should partner zurab.

anyone who doesnt think we'll be more secure with that partnership, is blinkered and doesnt understand the game.

So Sparky is blinkered and doesn't understand the game. Should you tell Mr William or do I. Mark Hughes does not seem like a man who plays things that way, seems like a straight up front sort of bloke to me. So I doubt he would leave out what is best for the team just because of ego or such. There may be behind the scenes disciplinary issues, or some other thing we are not privvy to.

Edited by USABlue

So is Ooijer the one we are going to blame for everything this season? :)

I thought we had already agreed on Lucas.... :huh:

We had agreed on bert I thought and then he started playing well :angry:

Pleasure - what are you babbling on about? Todd has thrown his toys out again this season by all accounts. As you've just reminded me he should have been sent off (2nd yellow) and conceded a penalty for his "challenge" on Johnson against Everton when he forgot all about playing with a football. He looks slow. Slower than last year.

The clean cut and fine upstanding Dutch International Ooijer will improve with every game and as Andy Neild, a great judge of all things concerning football has pointed out, it looks as though he has turned the corner. Sheff Utd wasn't our last game, Red Bull was. You didn't see the game and are just going round in circles taking "Dogs*** Dinnis' " word as gospel.

You can't get anymore blinkered than not actually seeing the game.

Reports are few and far between from the alcoholics who went to the game and frequent this messageboard, in which case we'll have to trust Andy Neild and the LT. Ooijer, the Dutch International who is getting used to playing with new team mates and has missed a portion of pre-season, had a good game.

Ouch!

Not sure how much I trust Neild either, I see he's off on his campaign of Hughes for Man U again.

We had agreed on bert I thought and then he started playing well :angry:

Pleasure - what are you babbling on about? Todd has thrown his toys out again this season by all accounts. As you've just reminded me he should have been sent off (2nd yellow) and conceded a penalty for his "challenge" on Johnson against Everton when he forgot all about playing with a football. He looks slow. Slower than last year.

The clean cut and fine upstanding Dutch International Ooijer will improve with every game and as Andy Neild, a great judge of all things concerning football has pointed out, it looks as though he has turned the corner. Sheff Utd wasn't our last game, Red Bull was. You didn't see the game and are just going round in circles taking "Dogs*** Dinnis' " word as gospel.

people are taking notice of andy neild! :blink: i fear the apocolypse is imminent! :(

Very pleased with the result (good to see that last sec goal go in for Salzburg as it keeps up our record:;)

I think last night proved Rovers should be able to score a few goals to win the game at Ewood meaning we go through. On away goals no doubt!

What are the odd's on Rovers winning the Uefa Cup without actually winning a game?! :D

Very pleased with the result (good to see that last sec goal go in for Salzburg as it keeps up our record:;)

I think last night proved Rovers should be able to score a few goals to win the game at Ewood meaning we go through. On away goals no doubt!

What are the odd's on Rovers winning the Uefa Cup without actually winning a game?! :D

impossible i'd think, final cant be won on away goals can it :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.