SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salzburg 2 Rovers 2

den

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm judging him by his displays and will continue to.

the point is... rovers are far more secure defensively with todd in the team. i await people bringing up his mistake against everton. :rolleyes:

Considering you've stated you didn't see his most recent display you are in no position to judge him on it.

The clean cut and fine upstanding Dutch International Ooijer will improve with every game and as Andy Neild, a great judge of all things concerning football has pointed out, it looks as though he has turned the corner. Sheff Utd wasn't our last game, Red Bull was. You didn't see the game and are just going round in circles taking "Dogs*** Dinnis' " word as gospel.

Oh, crystal ball, crystal ball,

Save us all, tell me life is beautiful,

Mirror, mirror on the wall.

Their keeper was awful, he even air kicked a simple back pass which just went wide of his own goal resulting in a corner. If Rovers just shoot from anywhere next match, he will fumble a shot or let in a goal. No Idea how he is on corners as Morten wastes them all.

Their players like to foul Bentley.

If Emerton keeps on playing like he is, he could be one of the best rb's in the league. His pace really helps him, hes already looking more safe then Neil when faced with anyone running at him.

Gally was anonymous, not his fault, he must have touched the ball the least out of anyone.

MGP had lots of the ball, but didnt do alot with it, their defenders were there for the taking but as we know he couldnt be a egg. He really is a pansy, MGP jumps out of any 50/50, even any 80/20 to him he'll still jump out of the challenge.

Zurab was the weak link in defence.

McCarthy was pretty crap.

What's most worrying is the way when we have a lead at present we've got 10 men behind the ball for the last twenty minutes. I know we're nervy because we've yet to win this season, but you cannot expect to keep a team out for this long with no attacking yourselves, as the inevitable usually happens-as has with Everton and Salzburg.

anyone who doesnt think we'll be more secure with that partnership, is blinkered and doesnt understand the game.

Wow, if that's not an invitation for a flame war, I'm not sure what is. Once again pleasure is taking the focus of a message board thread off of the topic and putting the focus square on himself.

It a routine that's getting mighty old on this messageboard.

pardon my ignorance but who the .. is 'Dinnis' and what has he been saying about us?

Dinnis is a straight enough commentator ; tellls it like it is and isn't afraid to say if someone is playing badly .

Last night (pre-match) McCarthy gave an upbeat talk which seemed to convince R D's fellow commentator that he was going to perform . "Talks a good game..." said Dinnis witheringly "...let's see him do it on the pitch" . I think he's yet to be convinced .

Anyway , for those who prefer a more subjective viewpoint there's always our Wendy ... :unsure:

Yeah but 3 or so years ago, Boro had an 8m offer accepted only for it to fall through on work permit problems (thats what I remember anyway, it might not be true)

He cost us 2m+ and has already scored 2 goals, without playing well.

It's definately not doom and gloom

Yeah but 3 or so years ago, Boro had an 8m offer accepted only for it to fall through on work permit problems (thats what I remember anyway, it might not be true)

He cost us 2m+ and has already scored 2 goals, without playing well.

It's definately not doom and gloom

2 goals- that equals Grabbi and Fat-boy Davies already, doesn't it? That makes him a top signing ;)

Last night (pre-match) McCarthy gave an upbeat talk which seemed to convince R D's fellow commentator that he was going to perform . "Talks a good game..." said Dinnis witheringly "...let's see him do it on the pitch" . I think he's yet to be convinced .

I'll be brave enough to suggest Dinnis is not the only one to be convinced yet...not by a long way.

But lets be sensible enough to give the lad time to adjust.Who else of real quality is McCarthy partnering up front? he CANT be expected to pull us out this low on his own.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Correct. He has already scored more than they managed in their Rovers' careers.

Well, incorrect. Even if Grabbi had scored two goals for Rovers, McCarthy's two is hardly 'more'. If we're including cup goals, which we must be doing for McCarthy to have two, then Grabbi is way out in front with a massive five.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.