SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salzburg 2 Rovers 2

den

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant work up any enthusiasm for this one ???????

Even if we do lose :huh: I will bloody well enjoy it :o

I'm sure you'll all have a great time, and the football is just a part of it.

On the otherhand remember Redbull have won 5, drawn 3, scored 18, conceded 4

Rovers have drawn 2, lost 2, scored 1, conceded 5 and, worringly, only created two chances in the two home games I've seeen. Hence my mood of apprehension.

Enjoy the trip :)

From what I have read in the media, Mr Hughes is pretty keen to do well in this competition.

From the official site-Rovers Site

"We worked extremely hard to get in the competition," said Hughes. "So we plan to make the most of it."

Rovers manager continues...

"The aim is to get the club involved in this competition year-in, year-out, so we are pleased to be in it. We want to make sure the adventure lasts as long as possible.

"I have sensed excitement in the players; there has been a good feeling about the training, everybody is looking forward to it."

An away goal is the first priorty, then a clean sheet, then avoid defeat, then win.

1-1 to Rovers.

God, i hate playing in Europe ;)

FFS! We've gotta win a game in the Uefa Cup some time, but not tomorrow...

Salzburg 4-1 Rovers

A couple of o.g's from Ooijer, Neill sent off and Toddy nutting Trapatoni* on the sidelines. Pedersen getting our goal with a 50yard screamer

Not forgetting that Salzburg was the setting for the greatest film ever made

*ahem*

The hills are alive......

No doubt Julie & The Von Trapp Childrens' Choir will be fully loaded and in the home end, making the Austrian version of "Get Into Them" something that Mozart would be proud of.

Johannes Chrisostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart was from Salzberg too.

Blackburn gave the world of music The Four Pennies.

Looks like we'll have to beat them at football to try and gain some sort of bragging rights.

Oh JFHC

Funny

Edited by colin

Not forgetting that Salzburg was the setting for the greatest film ever made

*ahem*

The hills are alive......

No doubt Julie & The Von Trapp Childrens' Choir will be fully loaded and in the home end, making the Austrian version of "Get Into Them" something that Mozart would be proud of.

Johannes Chrisostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart was from Salzberg too.

Blackburn gave the world of music The Four Pennies.

Looks like we'll have to beat them at football to try and gain some sort of bragging rights.

Oh JFHC

Funny

Don't forget Kathleen Ferrier came from Blackburn.

Its sad that some people dont mind going out at this stage of the cup.

What the hell is the point of finishing in the top 6 if we dont want to progress on the European stage?

With that said, I can see Salzburg going through from this one.

I agree. If we can actually win a couple of European matches (or even one) it will do the coffers a world of good to say nothing of the confidence factor, which it certainly wouldn't do any harm to give a boost to

What's the point in finishing 6th?

To be the 6th best team in the country is prize enough for me, this silly competition also attracts better players apparently, though I've yet to see evidence of that.

I'd rather finish 8th in the league and go out now than get to the quarter finals and finish 13th-15th.

We'd probably get more prize money that way too.

What's the point in finishing 6th?

To be the 6th best team in the country is prize enough for me, this silly competition also attracts better players apparently, though I've yet to see evidence of that.

I'd rather finish 8th in the league and go out now than get to the quarter finals and finish 13th-15th.

We'd probably get more prize money that way too.

Is this Souness talking?! What a load of crap. We seriously need to raise the profile of the club, and there is no better way of doing that than success in Europe.

I'd rather have a good run in the Uefa Cup than finish in the top half. I'd take 11th and getting to the Q/F of the Uefa.

Boro's season last season seemed great to me, as long as we finish slightly higher in the league than they did.

Edited by greggyk

People, let's face it. There's only 1 "European stage" that matters & we're not on it. It's the European Champion Clubs' Cup that everybody wants to play for. We'd probably make much more going 0-0-6 in group of the CL than we'd ever make winning the trophy in this 2nd rate competition. That being said; it would be worth advancing if, in group or a later round; we drew from the clubs below:

PSG

Panathinaikos

Parma

Chievo

Schalke

Leverkusen

Ajax

Legia (for payback)

Fenerbahçe

Feyenoord

Celta

Hearts

Rangers

Sevilla

One of the above would at least draw some interest, ticket sales & TV money like Celtic did 4 years ago.

To take some of the statements above and turn them around:

I'd rather finish 4th & get eliminated right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.