BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salzburg 2 Rovers 2

den

I think a Cup run would do the club good. It would increase our profile in Europe generally - what better way to attract players. Maybe get a bit of additional money - but importantly get a bit more media exposure.

Also a chance of attracting some European Billionaire who takes a liking to blue and white halves :brfc:

For me it is all positives - with one exception - our squad may be a little light for an extended run in the cup - but maybe the board will free the purse strings in January if we get to the group stages.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe people are saying they are not bothered about how we do.

Surely the apathy has not rubbed off on our fans now.

Its a Cup competition and there to be competed for regardless that's what its all about - otherwise what is the point.

On another note -listening to Hughes on the Radio last night he is surprised at how good the team are to his expectations (worrying??) and the feeling was from the reporters out there that they reckon we will go 1 up front with 5 across the middle.

Personally I don't hold any positives for tonights game as I have not been impressed at all thus far this season and don't feel we strengthened at all for Europe. So if we do get beat lets hope we keEp it down and notch at least to give us a chance at Ewood -not that playing at home as done us any good before though.

Hasn't been much better with 4-4-2 recently Cocker...although I do still take your point! :P

I know but making 1 striker run round on his own is not going to do much for his confidence (unless he is andy johnson of course :P )

I really want us to smash em tonight so that everyone can enjoy things back at Ewood.

It would be nice to be in the group stage because that feels like a proper cup - at the moment I just feel very nervous waiting for the kick off :unsure:

at the moment I just feel very nervous waiting for the kick off :unsure:

Trust me, you are not the only one nervous. Hoping above all else that the tie is in the balance or our favour when we return to ewood so that we can progress to the group stage.

Good luck to all those in austria, hope you have a great time and enjoy the game!!

We should be going into this game confident of getting a result. We saw last season how 'smaller' teams like Steaua Bucharest went really far in the competition, beating a lot of bigger and better sides. We shouldn't be found wanting in this respect. The artificial pitch will play a big part in the game IMO, as they will be far more used to it then we will. I'd like to see Reid back in the side in place of Pedersen and Bentley being moved out the left. I think we can win this one 2-1. Benni and Nonda to score.

It is certainly a big game for MH and for us. He wants us to do well this year, but also to keep on qualifying for European matches as a means of getting a higher profile and bringing in better players-the LT, as well as suggesting all there things, also suggested it would be a means of helping to keep Neill.

rest of team please?

according to the official site

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Ooijer, Khizanishvili, Neill ©, Bentley, Tugay, Savage, Gamst, Gallagher, McEveley. Subs: Brown, Todd, Nonda, Mokoena, Jeffers, Peter, Gray.

However, I'm thinking they meant McCarthy not McEveley as striker :)

Edited by ManicRover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.