BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Illegal Streaming

Paul

How do you know if the site is illegal?

I might be being incredibly naive but it never occured to me that the thing i was listening to was illegal!

I wouldn't get too hung up about it Hannah. I don't know of any site that currently legally allows people to watch live footie on their PC. Now I may be wrong on this but I can only think of one legal method of doing this - if you can receive digital TV on your PC and have paid your Sky subscription then I imagine it's perfectly OK to watch Sky via your PC. Other than that I think any site offering live footie is at least questionable and probably illegal.

My only concern is what gets posted on here. Beyond that? I've been copying music for 40 years or more so I'm hardly in a position to get high and mighty about the subject. It's all the same thing, copyright protection.

The site Hannah found the commentary for was the official Sunderland site (run by our old friends Premium tv). The same feed was also available on the official Rovers site if 'safc' in the url was substituted by 'rovers'.

I can't see it could be deemed to be illegal unless of course someone had hacked into the official sites to create the broadcast?

However, what is puzzling is why the commentary wasn't publicised?

The site Hannah found the commentary for was the official Sunderland site (run by our old friends Premium tv). The same feed was also available on the official Rovers site if 'safc' in the url was substituted by 'rovers'.

I can't see it could be deemed to be illegal unless of course someone had hacked into the official sites to create the broadcast?

However, what is puzzling is why the commentary wasn't publicised?

When you say Hannah found the commentary makes it sound like it was me who discovered it!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.