BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Captain?

ABBEY

to me a capt should be someone who has a passion for his club,someone who at least wants to play for his club,someone who has respect of players and fans.

none fit our want away aussie ,why the hell is captain is beyond me..

ftr id have savage.

if this was discussed whilst id no net i apologise..

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If fit the Nelson no question.

I agree with you Abs that Neil shouldnt have the armband because he is all about himself and not about the club.

I like to have a midfield guy as captain but for a bloke that cares you cant go wrong with Brad

Dont see what Lucas is doing wrong? He's playing very well for a right back playing at left back. (i get the feeling Mickey Gray is being punished for his actions with the Rooney's, which is the reason why Lucas is playing at all)

Also, does it really matter who the captain is? If a player is a leader, he is a leader anyway. I mean, will it affect how well Savage or Friedel plays if they are given the armband.

Obviously Lucas Neill is well liked inside Blackburn Rovers by staff and players which if makes the players happy, can only result in better performances which is all that counts.

I think this is something that Hughes will have thought about and obviously he feels Neill is up to it. Neill has never said himself that he wants to leave (though I'm nearly 100% sure that he does), but he may well command the respect in the dressing room and have the qualities on the pitch that still make him a good choice.

Obviously Lucas Neill is well liked inside Blackburn Rovers by staff and players which if makes the players happy, can only result in better performances which is all that counts.

No, he has been made captain to try and get him to sign a new contract - hence him taking the pen too.

No, he has been made captain to try and get him to sign a new contract - hence him taking the pen too.

Lucas Neill was already our designated penalty taker in the absence of Dickov anyway.

It certainly does look like he has been given the armband to try and convince him how valued he is here, but in truth none of us know the exact reasons behind the decision, the commitment to the cause, and his motivational qualities.

Mark Hughes is not a stupid man. He is strong-willed and doesn't tolerate anything less than 100%. With Emerton doing well at RB and Micky Gray a capable LB he doesn't HAVE to play Neill, much less make him captain. So let's give him some credit for a decision that obviously has reasoning.

Edited by bellamy11

Lucas has been giving all he has as a left back. Unfortunately, as he isn't one, that's not enough. He's also never been a leader. However, as Savage would have to show restraint as captain- and it would probably hamper him- Lucas is the next best until either the lovely Andy is reinstated or Nelsen gets fit!

Yesterday there was only 1 player on our side that was showing what a captain is all about – and that was Robbie savage. He was rollicking Neill to sort the defence out and he was putting his footy in and leading by example

While Nelson is out it should be, without doubt Robbie Savage.

Guus gave the armband to Lucas Neil on several occasions for his country.

Mark Hughes should give the armband to the player who he feels is the best captain on the day.. end of story.

Obviously he agrees with me! :lol:

Edited by pg

Since robbie Savage is Mark Hughes' man through and through there must be a reason why Hughes chooses to give Lucas the armband and not Savage. I've still never heard Lucas himself say he wants to go and unless he's a better actor than his performance in that advert would suggest, the smiles on his face when we score would suggest to me that he's happy enough to be here for the moment at least and not throwing a huge sulk or anything. Why not leave this one to those who know what goes on day in, day out on the training ground and get off Neill's back. It can't be easy being captain when half the fans have decided to hate you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.