BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Captain?

ABBEY

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Dec 13 2006, 14:19 ) 467421[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Are you one of those who stands at the back of the Blackburn End singing "stand up and support your team" to other fans around ??

Kind of ironic that it was that mob who started the boo's off on Saturday and probably will today.

Do you really think Neil should be Captain of Rovers then? That what upseting most of the fans, no i sit in the lower tier of the Jack Walker stand by the way

Edited by gazsimm

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AT THE END OF THE DAY IT MATTERS NOT ONE BIT TO LUCAS HOW WE DO BECAUSE HE WANTS HIS RELEGATION BATLE TO END BEFORE THE WIGAN GAME ..ID PUT HIM IN THE RESERVES and let him rot....ah wel im off to mexico today

Edited by ABBEY

How is leaving at the end of his contract walking all over us?

Care to elaborate, or are you just shocked that he might want to play for a more prestigious club at the peak of his career?

I admit to never being a Neill fan and this whole sorry saga has meant that I now do not just not rate him but dislike him.All the talk of him not doing anything tecnnically wrong are factually correct but it is the spirit of his behaviour that irks me. After we took a punt on him to bring him to the Premiership the return we had was poor to say the least. Now after one decent season he very publically slaps our club in the face. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I just happen to believe that Blackburn Rovers deserve better than that.

Anyone who boos a Rovers player isn't a true fan in my opinion and I know it was in the minority but I want the Rovers fans to get behind Lucas tonight.

Fair comment, but someone who has indicated over a lengthy period of time he wants to leave the Club, and who will indeed be leaving imminently isn't a true Rovers player either.

I wish you were our manager.

I would like to think my hard earned ticket money was going on keeping our best right back out of the team.

obviously it was just me and few hundred sat around me in the bbe who, for the first three seasons, thought Niell was a clumbsy leg breaker who couldn't pass a ball from a - b.

Have to admire your loyalty to a player who cant wait to sling his hook, pity it isn't a character trait shared by the man himself.

obviously it was just me and few hundred sat around me in the bbe who, for the first three seasons, thought Niell was a clumbsy leg breaker who couldn't pass a ball from a - b.

Have to admire your loyalty to a player who cant wait to sling his hook, pity it isn't a character trait shared by the man himself.

Im sure you aren't the only people that think that.

Whereas Rafa Benitez, Mark Hughes and Guus Hiddink think he is a brilliant player.

I wonder whose opinion I am going follow?

:huh: Taking a note out of BuckyRover's book, Guus Hiddink employed Neill to take the ball out of defence for Australia at the World Cup.

Edit: Saying that he apparently fed a brilliant ball to Matt Derbyshire to put in through for a very good chance just now. :D

Edited by James No. 7

somebody who wants to leave to the club, whilst we as fans should not boo a rovers player just because he is leaving, he should NEVER be given the captaincy because his heart and committment are not with this club. whats more, i am struggling to come up with a reason why sparky continues to give him the captains armband, when it is plainly obvious that lucas won't be signing a new contract, now or at any time in the future. i would maybe give the armband to andre ooijer or tugay!!

All this about 'Neill should sign for a few more years because he was crap for the first few' doesn't really make sense to me... As far as I know, he has started whenever he was available throughout the length of his contract. If he was as terrible as you guys make him out to be, he wouldn't have started! The fact is, Neill has given the club a good 4 or 5 (how long was his contract?) years of his career, and wants to move on once he finishes his contract. 'He only just became a good player, so he should stay longer' is not reasonable or logical.

However, like pretty much everyone here - give Savage or Nelsen the captaincy. Our attempt at getting Neill to sign a new contract by making him feel important (a tactic which I didn't particularly agree with in the first place) didn't work, so let the more deserving candidates have the captaincy.

All this about 'Neill should sign for a few more years because he was crap for the first few' doesn't really make sense to me... As far as I know, he has started whenever he was available throughout the length of his contract. If he was as terrible as you guys make him out to be, he wouldn't have started! The fact is, Neill has given the club a good 4 or 5 (how long was his contract?) years of his career, and wants to move on once he finishes his contract. 'He only just became a good player, so he should stay longer' is not reasonable or logical.

However, like pretty much everyone here - give Savage or Nelsen the captaincy. Our attempt at getting Neill to sign a new contract by making him feel important (a tactic which I didn't particularly agree with in the first place) didn't work, so let the more deserving candidates have the captaincy.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to write but couldnt find the energy to say.

I cannot argue with somebody that thinks Neill has only been worth a place for a year.

Neill certainly gave the BBE boo boys an 'up yours' subtle goal celebration tonight. I couldn't stop laughing. Good one Lucas.

Agreed. Thought it was brilliant. Started trying to get a chant of "Lucas Neills a football genius" going but to no avail. He always gives his all on the pitch and has been honest with his intentions. People always say that hate it when a player says hes staying and then leaves i.e. Bellamy. I wonder why they do that though. Maybe its the fact that sad "fans" boo you when your honest. If he wasnt giving 100% fine but he is, his concentration is effect but his effort isnt.

Neill certainly gave the BBE boo boys an 'up yours' subtle goal celebration tonight. I couldn't stop laughing. Good one Lucas.

Was at the game tonight with mates who have been pro Niell throughout this protracted Liverpool/Barca (you must be joking!) saga. One of the previosly pro Niell lads stated he never wants to see him in a Rovers shirt again after his insult to those who have contributed to his wages for the last 4 years and have had the temerity to voice their dissapproval of his public snubbing of our club.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.